Back to the Future

AMSW

Any feedback on the BTTF replica props that were sold retail - Mr. Fusion, Flux Cap. ?

anyone make customs that are better (cheaper ?) ?

thanks

Any feedback on the BTTF replica props that were sold retail - Mr. Fusion, Flux Cap. ?

anyone make customs that are better (cheaper ?) ?

thanks

There are a ton of threads here on the RPF with feedback and discussions on the BTTF licensed replicas, you just need to look for them and then read through the threads. I am not trying to be a dick, but I have to ask... did you bother to even search or do you just want people to do the work and hand you the info that is readily available if you just use the search bar above? There are also a bunch of threads discussing custom builds, as well as taking a licensed inaccurate version and converting it to be more accurate. Like I said, I am not trying to be a tool, it is just so many people ask questions that have been answered a dozen or more times, with hopes that someone will just answer them so they don't have to do any work for themselves.

pointing out that there are existing threads on the site that would be helpful is nice of you
saying this is what makes your reply jerky when I did nothing but ask a question without antagonizing anyone:

"did you bother to even search or do you just want people to do the work and hand you the info that is readily available if you just use the search bar above? "

pointing out that there are existing threads on the site that would be helpful is nice of you
saying this is what makes your reply jerky when I did nothing but ask a question without antagonizing anyone:

"did you bother to even search or do you just want people to do the work and hand you the info that is readily available if you just use the search bar above? "

I apologize if it came across as harsh.... that really was not my intent. We just see so many people asking for info without searching and it gets old. :lol
Sorry about that :thumbsup

I would recommend the Indy Magnoli holographic cap, and the Doc Brown glasses. Both should be in the project run section. Though of course it’s always good to ask questions, especially here. Even for the nicest person, hearing to many questions can be very aggravating. I’m not blaming you for asking a question, just saying you shouldn’t really blame moviefreak for getting a little annoyed. I did this a lot when I first came here a few months ago, and I feel I’m dialing it down a little. Hope you get some good props.

Regards,

Matthew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My BTTF2 Stuff -

I have the Diamond Select Mr Fusion and it is a glorified cookie jar. It is nice, but still far from screen accurate because they changed the seam line (industrial design?) between the coffee grinder and the white base. There are probably about 6 things not quite right with it, but it is still a pretty cool prop. It makes a noise when you open it, but no smoke. I only bought this because I scored it cheap on eBay (like half the listed price) and it was new in a box, so I did really well.

The (Matty Collector) Mattel Hover Board. Again, at 99 bucks off eBay, too good to pass and cheaper than I could make one. It is kind of like a cross over between hero and stunt boards, but also suffers from industrial disease, as there is at least 28 screws on the bottom alone. It has a really bad sound chip and in the end, I took the batteries out because it this annoying whining noise every time I moved the thing. Apart from the shape, this thing had a big sticker on each side that peeled up. In the end, I printed out a decal from this site, cut that up and stuck it over a clear textured sheet (not lenticular). It looks heaps better than the sticker. The foot strap was just a piece of pink velcro which I replaced with the proper fur and white leather.

The 2015 Jacket (delux) from Halloween Costumes is an affordable way into the outfit worn by Marty. There are better jackets out there but you pay way more for them. It has bellow sleeves and a sound chip that does both the "size adjusting, fit" and " drying mode on. Dry, your jacket is now dry".

My replica NIKE MAGs are what we call V3 and come from China. They are about as close to the real shoe as you will get without spending several grand on a pair.

I have a NIKE FOOTWEAR Tube bag, but it not screen accurate. The inside lid was signed by Lloyd in 2015. I am also in the process of making one that will be much closer to the tube seen in the movie.

I ended up with a "Mexican" Pepsi -Perfect. These are way oversized but functional.

The Mini "dehydrated" Pizza was a prop I made from scraps of plastic i had in my work shop. It came out pretty good.

I scored a set of the Doc's Visor from a local maker here that laser cut, heat bent and sanded the surface to look like brushed alloy. You can sort of see through this pair, so you can actually wear them.

Then there paper props and a few other bits and pieces that I have collected over the years.
9c3b0fd8706718b270dd6c404539bacd.jpg
a93dff8255213aac2e7c445aac1f9c84.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back