Korbanth clamp and ANH grips

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all.
JuSt purchased some parts for a really low price. How does the clamp compare with a original other than the name not on it? Also can the ANH grips be converted to empire style grips?

It all depends on how much of a stickler you are. A casual glance will see no difference. If you bust out a micrometer the differences are legion.

Clamp isn’t that bad. Romans is better replica but if you don’t care about the name on it then the only issue I have seen is the 6 lines can be inconsistent. Sometimes all 6 are deep but sometimes a few can be lighter or all can be very light. Seem like a quality control issue in the plating process but overall the clamp works just fine. As far as the grips of you want to cut the ESB notches out and drill they definitely can be converted.

Thanks guys that's great news. I got both for 27 dollars. I figured if the clamp was that bad I could strip it for the sidebars and lever. But looked good in the pictures. Some blemishes but any Graflex on eBay will most likely have those.l

- - - Updated - - -

What's the best way to notch out the grips without damage?

razor saw (i use zona saws but exacto makes them too) 32 or 42 tpi seem to work well

Thanks guys that's great news. I got both for 27 dollars. I figured if the clamp was that bad I could strip it for the sidebars and lever. But looked good in the pictures. Some blemishes but any Graflex on eBay will most likely have those.l

- - - Updated - - -

What's the best way to notch out the grips without damage?

Ok got the clamp today...feeling kinda dumb for two reasons.....1. I didn't realize that the clamp didn't have the tabs on the inside like the graflex clamp. 2. The sidebar nearest the lever has a large hole that the seller didn't tell me about. Grrrr....So what should I do with this? The hole I can fix by getting another sidebar. The tabs not being there is a problem for me. Can't use it on the graflex I have.

What is the nature of the hole? Can the bar be oriented so the lever covers the hole? I don't know what to do about the clamp, except to trade with someone who's building a custom saber that has a clamp with tabs that they would have to remove.

The hole can't be seen under the lever but it's causing the square washer under the lever to be pulled into the hole. Makes it not close smoothly. I'll either make a sidebar or put something under it. I may put it in the junkyard here. Gonna buy a Romans clamp this week.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back