Chucky head 2017 PLEASE HELP!

njphilliesdude

I purchased this head. It is hollow but there is no hole in the bottom of the neck. It is just hard plastic. Can I cut a hole in the bottom or will it shatter like glass? I am trying to buy everything I need to paint it and all but I have no idea where to start. Any information would be great! Seriously, any help is very very appreciated. I have been looking up and researching info for over 3 months and so far my list includes:

Smooth-On silicone Mold Making, Liquid Rubber OOMOO 30
Bondo 801 Professional Glazing and Spot Putty
Klean-Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits
Brush-On 40 Brushable Mold Making Urethane Rubber

Do I need to buy an airbrush gun? Any suggestions? I've seen some for about $800 but not sure what kind I need.

Any help on where to start will be great. I have been saving to do this and am determine to finish it. Thank you soooooooo much for any help or advice :)

"Hollow plastic head. This is a RAW casting, which means you will have to sand the mold lines down, fill in any micro air bubbles with bondo spot puddy, and spray a coat of primer on it before you paint it to get the best looking finish."

2525.jpg

2525.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. You're asking a LOT for your first post!
However, this should get you started.
Based on this:

"Hollow plastic head. This is a RAW casting, which means you will have to sand the mold lines down, fill in any micro air bubbles with bondo spot puddy, and spray a coat of primer on it before you paint it to get the best looking finish."

It tells me it's most likely resin. You can sand, cut, putty, paint it till your hearts desire. It won't shatter. If you're going to insert glass eyes it will have to be done from the back of the head so you will need to cut an opening to insert from the back (then glue the opening closed when done just before you cover it with hair).
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
so far my list includes:

Smooth-On silicone Mold Making, Liquid Rubber OOMOO 30
Bondo 801 Professional Glazing and Spot Putty
Klean-Strip Odorless Mineral Spirits
Brush-On 40 Brushable Mold Making Urethane Rubber

I'm curious why you would need the OOMOO and Brush-On 40? Are you planning on making copies of this cast that you purchased?

I saw a guy on a post here make an awesome one.... and that's the stuff he said he used in his posts. I thought that's how you make him like tan looking?

You make him tan looking by painting the resin cast you currently have. The silicone and rubber would only be needed if you are making a mold of it to create copies - which you should not be doing without permission from the creator.

Thaaaank you! Yeah, I have no intentions on copying him. I just want to make him look as original as possible so I can add it to my collection. You have no idea how much money you just saved me . Seriously. I was gonna mix all that junk up & paint/airbrush him. Now i'm guessing I only need an airbrush machine & acrylic paint..?

I am going to cut out holes for the eyea tonight & post my progress on here. Thank you guys for your help!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back