Overworld Designs aka Michelle Sleeper - BAD DEAL!

Re: Need to contact MSLEEPER - Kit/Refund owed, help needed!

I thought you already did.

Get your money back plain and simple, don't fall for the excuses and sob storys that might be forthcoming

No response from Michelle whatsoever.

I've now escalated with PayPal.

Dalroi.

From the looks of the reviews on her Etsy page, it looks like several others have complained about not receiving items as well.

Screenshot (259).png

Try contacting her through her Facebook page, Overworld Designs. One of the lasts post was in early May, working on a Power Armor costume.

Thanks for that - the Etsy reviews are not encouraging...

I actually tried contacting her on Facebook before starting the dispute, joining the damn thing in order to do so (I'm not a "Social Media" type of person) but still received no response.

I shall keep updating this thread with developments, any more information is, as always, gratefully received.

Dalroi.

Seeing that she is flaking on more than just one site doesn't sound like she is out to scam for a quick buck on a big ticket item here. Maybe something did happen in her personal life that either left her unable to work, or even worse. Let's just hope everyone can file a claim and get their funds back... And then let's just hope she is actually ok. No matter how this plays out, I don't want to hear that there was a tragic event to her or loved ones, because that would suck.

Well, she posted to her Instagram (available on her user profile) today and yesterday about being at MomoCon, so she's still around...

Well, for what it's worth...........

She has clearly been posting progress of a T-60 Power Armor build. The last post on her Facebook page was early May, and the helmet to the Power Armor get up was still in it's early stages. A google search of Overworld Designs shows some instagram pics of that same T-60 helmet, all primered up and ready to mold. Now, I'm not sure how you use instagram or what all this hash tagging crap is all about, just reporting what I see.

To me, this would invalidate the possible "life troubles" excuse, since she's actively working on a project. I'd be willing to bet that she hasn't updated her Facebook page because other people are tracking her there to get their stuff, as one of the Etsy reviews indicates.

Sorry to say, but it looks bad so far...........

Edit: I see that was covered a post above mine. :p Sorry, I was interrupted while typing.

- - - Updated - - -

It also appears that she posted on Reddit 2 days ago..............

Last edited:

Yet another name to add to my very long Blacklist.

Well, she posted to her Instagram (available on her user profile) today and yesterday about being at MomoCon, so she's still around...

Well... Then we know she is alive and well. Another flake that is destroying their reputation very quickly. msleeper please step in and explain yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks like another one to be banned for sure!

Well... Then we know she is alive and well. Another flake that is destroying their reputation very quickly. @msleeper please step in and explain yourself.

All it takes is communication and fulfilling of paid obligations!

Fairly simple, one would think...

Dalroi.

I've always been particularly intolerant (and you should too) of the "life happens" excuse. It's seldom the case that anything so devastating has taken place in an individual's life that it would excuse them from fulfilling their obligations. Speaking for myself, I've wrapped runs while dealing with skin cancer. Others have dealt with worse and their clients are never the wiser. (as it should be)

I've also seen former RPF members actually claim being terminally ill to avoid their responsibilities.

Look, if an individual is on line at all, there's no excuse not to return an email. The failure to communicate actually adds insult to the financial injury. It leaves the already concerned customer left to worry when the simple courtesy of an email could give some small peace of mind. To be clear, short of being shipwrecked and/or death, there's zero excuse for ****ty communication.

Now, I'm not suggesting delays don't happen; of course they do...BUT, you have to keep your clients in the loop and be willing to speak with them if they get itchy.

Hate to see this sort of thing happen, but it's usually followed by a ridiculous excuse where the seller plays the victim and then acts like everyone else is the *******.

Hope it all works out.

NOTE: USE THE RPF FEEDBACK SYSTEM! People raised hell for this feature for years and now that one is in place, they can't be bothered to use it!

-Rylo

I don't even see how she could use the "life happens" excuse.

Her life is clearly happening, and it happens to be building and posting about an active project. In the time it took to post about that, she could've easily taken the time to respond to an email. She can't be that bad off.

Honestly, I think the Etsy reviews sum it up. The dark side claims yet another.

Another lowlife, deadbeat to be banned. Strange, we haven't banned a lot of women.Oh, well. I suppose women can be thieves as well as men.
msleeper I hope I meet you at one of your little conventions. Trust me. I will humiliate you so badly you will go into hiding from the internet! Trust me, honey, I've done it before!

Even if something does come up to slow you down in life all you have to do is update your customers, most people will be understanding and give you some time and slack. An email, post or IM is all it'd take. The question is will they ban her though?

iirc She is a HE, not that it matters Scum comes in every shape form and color!

Another lowlife, deadbeat to be banned. Strange, we haven't banned a lot of women.

Yeah, I just checked her Facebook! She's going strong spending your money on her ALIENS armor build for her next con! :lol

Wheres that , IT'S A MAN BABY! gif? :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back