Kevin Flynn TRON Motorcycle jacket...DONE...(alpinestars NYC)

Have you seen this one:

roof-boxer-classic-helmet.gif

ROOF Boxer helmet.

I have that too hehe
the pilots at my air base give me the thumbs up hehe

hey guys/gals was thiking about asking this before but simply forgot. what's the best way to attach the disk to the back my leather jacket? I thought about just adding this to the back. it's 16mm EL and already cut so not sure if that or a disk.

20uwlz5.jpg

so i bought the EL and installed it on the jacket. didn't even have to mod the back part of the jacket. i split the wires and they slid inside one of the vent holes easily. lights up bright too.

2dm6m9e.jpg

so i bought the EL and installed it on the jacket. didn't even have to mod the back part of the jacket. i split the wires and they slid inside one of the vent holes easily. lights up bright too.

2dm6m9e.jpg
ok now you have to show us how you made that..
that would be awesome for riding and counts as a safety reflective ship for the base safety rules I have to go by here..no ugly vest over jacket if I have that

thanks guys!

Here is the EL i got, it came with a AA battery inverter and the size of 2 AA batteries, very small and I concealed it at the very bottom of the jacket where it hits the lower back. the best part is you can either have it on, flashing, or pulsing very slowly. the only thing i did was extend the cables that attach to the inverter, the stock one is only 6 inches long and wasn't long enough.

Here is the kit, they actually have real tron shapes which is cool for the future.
Power Shape Dual Circle With Hole In Center at Thatscoolwire.com

lol sorry should have explained it. just strong velcro i bought at a craft store, i cut out in small shapes. same kind i use for the stripe on the front. i rode for a few hours this weekend and it helped up perfectly.

Sorry to bring this topic in first page but if agliarept you could tell me where you bought the jacket, i would be interested because it feels like mission impossible to get a size m for male of the Alpinestars NYC jacket. :$

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey no worries, I actually bought it at revzilla.com a motorcycle shop i get stuff from. This was a few years ago when they had them on clearance just after the movie. Best of luck!

Unfortunetly they don't have it anymore and i contacted them by mail tho.
I wanted to make sure about the way you bounded the el tape to the jacket, so you used a velcro tape didn't you ?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back