Re: Studio Scale TIE Fighter V3

WOW Julien,looking great.Is that some air bubbles I see on that one wing star ;).Love it.

Dave

Thanks Dave !

Yeah they are a lot of airbubbles on this wingstars set ! I did not used my bubble free wingstars set I made (the first castings), I decided I would go for accuracy. And it looks much more nice this way (this is just my point of view). :)

Unbelievable work as always, I'm just scratching the surface of modelling and scratch building but you builds are off the wall but very inspiring!!

No Mike !
Actually Ive been in vacations for three weeks :)

There are updates I havent posted here though. I made new master and new molds of some parts and my first TIE is almost done. Maybe I'll paint it in august.

Last edited:

Yeah, that TS-32 stuff is much darker to the naked eye, IMO...but then so were the real models, whenever I've been lucky enough to see them in person.

I also like how when you photograph a model in this particular shade, the pictures themselves end up looking like the photos that come straight out of a museum exhibit, or the archives.

Of course, here it helps that you've got the sexiest effing looking TIE-Fighter ever made since the originals, Julien!

Eh, it's alright.

I'm KIDDING! LOL! I Think it looks spot on. I understand getting it close to the models now but hasn't that paint slightly changed over time anyway? Awesome job, J-man!

Joe

Look at the proportions on this TIE-Fighter:

TIEV2_139_zpsoxwcendu.jpg

That's perfect! And look at the size and position of the ILM pilot figure casting relative to the rest of the cockpit, just like the originals.

Julien, did you end up cutting your KoolShade with tin snips?

Email on its way!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back