Texas Chainsaw Massacre (03) WIP Halloween sculpture!

Thanks!
Yes sir, I used a RCP base. Lightly tinted brown with oil paints to help see where I was applying it. Sealed with Flex Gloss or V-Gloss.. I forget what I have in that bottle. I’m using Best Test Paper Cement and it doesn’t stay tacky, but the Bloodline paints love to bite into it. Just checked it, no cracking when flexed or stretched.

I prefer this method to a PAX base by a long shot.

yeah i love that method. And of course cant go anywhere without my bloodline paints. They are my go to paints. If you haven’t tried this, Next time try adding a little 4030 additive. It bites even better and makes the pigment much stronger. But u have to use 4012 reducer. No other one will work. It will clump the paint for some reason. Awesome work as always

yeah i love that method. And of course cant go anywhere without my bloodline paints. They are my go to paints. If you haven’t tried this, Next time try adding a little 4030 additive. It bites even better and makes the pigment much stronger. But u have to use 4012 reducer. No other one will work. It will clump the paint for some reason. Awesome work as always

I’ll have to give that a try, thanks! I don’t know if I’ll be able to pick it up in time, but I’ve got the 2018 Myers and AWIL Warmonger coming in from Trick or Treat Studios. Keep an eye out for those threads if you’re interested in seeing some more of my paint work. I’ll try to grab better notes when I’m painting. Colors and techniques used, that sort of thing. I tend to get in “the zone” and forget to grab photos.. Maybe I’ll set up a time lapse. :)

I’ll have to give that a try, thanks! I don’t know if I’ll be able to pick it up in time, but I’ve got the 2018 Myers and AWIL Warmonger coming in from Trick or Treat Studios. Keep an eye out for those threads if you’re interested in seeing some more of my paint work. I’ll try to grab better notes when I’m painting. Colors and techniques used, that sort of thing. I tend to get in “the zone” and forget to grab photos.. Maybe I’ll set up a time lapse. :)

Those will be cool repaints. I have been an art teacher for years so im use to doing step by step lol. But I always ask other artists how they did something etc. you know that, i have asked you many times. there are some cool techniques out there. Id love to see how you do it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back