Your models from childhood/pre-internet days

Actually, my wife has been very supportive of my interest in building models from day one. And, as I stated above, she deliberately set aside space for me to display my built kits, not realizing I had thrown them in the garbage; it was my own foolish idea to do that. In fact, she actually got a little angry with me when I told her what I had done, then felt bad because she felt she was somehow responsible for the loss of my "treasures" even though she'd never given me any indication that she didn't like them or didn't want them in our new home.

Sounds like you found a winner, Zombie! :thumbsup You too, Michael Bergeron! :thumbsup
I should have been half as lucky!

Ahh, to be young again.
My first kit ever was a WWII destroyer (I think the hull number was 35)
An Enterprise D, an Enterprise refit (That i painted up with (gloss) black paint to simulate Khan's attack, the "enemy trio" pack (Klingon BOP, Ferengi cruiser, and Romulan Warbird to scale with each other. A bigger BOP (that I painted rather well). Lots of various cars, jets, one tank... A P 38 that was representational of what my Grandpa worked on in the war...
Oh and a Star destroyer and TIE Interceptor that I painted dark blue (I didn't have a lot of paint, okay? and the only place to get it was K B Toys)

The SD I had made an interesting forced perspective diarama with three die cast Micro Machine TIE fighters and three of the bigger plastic TIE interceptors.

I have a few from the late 70's and early 80's but they are at my parents home. Next time I visit I will take some photos. Would love to see how I did then compared to now.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back