Yoda sculpture

Hauntmaster9

This is a Yoda I started an hour ago, I know he looks like a boglin right now but I'll fix that. I've only got 3 days to finish the head sculpt so I have to fly through it and not go for 100% accuracy.
At this stage I've constructed a crude armature, added the clay and started some very rough forms. I'm not too worried about skin folds or detail right now I'm just trying to block out the main forms of the head. The only tool I've used so far is a wooden one and my hands.
48zs4l4.jpg

BTW i know the ears are too small right now, gotta add some wire to the head to support big ones.

I agree looked quite evil, especially those eyes. Heres an update, about the 4th or 5th hour now. Sadly the likeness isn't great but time constraints made me move on. I'm tightening up forms right now, getting it ready to detail. When it's cast I'll be dremeling the inner lids down so I can install the eyes closer to the lids and get that bug eyed look.

2m3i7bo.jpg

Some day I'd like to come back and take the time to do an accurate version, going this fast is very frustrating.

Looks great for so little time put in :thumbsup .

Can you really achieve the desired look of Yoda accurately, which does take time, that you dont have though? Why the rush?

lookin very good.

the first pic looked like melbrooks as yogurt. LOL.

now thats a cool bust i havent seen...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darthvaderv @ Feb 9 2007, 12:10 PM) [snapback]1415253[/snapback]</div>
Looks great for so little time put in :thumbsup .

Can you really achieve the desired look of Yoda accurately, which does take time, that you dont have though? Why the rush?
[/b]

I need to have a finished full sized yoda by Feb 13th so I cant put in the time to do it accurately.
Heres some pics I colored and added eyes to. I swiped the eyes from Jedi Dave's thread hope he doesn't mind.
4h7iy4n.jpg

2cibv9z.jpg

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back