Yet ANOTHER Back to the Future question

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So in the beging (of the first movie) George McFly has jet black hair.
At the end his hair is grey.
Marty came back to the exact time, did't he? George's should have been black, not grey, yes?

I think it could be that thick grease he put in his hair that darkened it. ("Wooo!!! Time to change that oil!"). Not sure the significance of that line besides showing George had no style (at least not contemporary) and Marty's brother was a tool. Also, maybe he dyed it in time line 1, but was so confident in time line 2, he didn't need to.

Nope, don't buy it. George 1 was obviously not concerned with his looks. I seriously doubt he would be vain enough to even think about dying his hair.

What about the black slick hair grease.

Here is another theory. Maybe the old George's hair was black because he had much less responsibilities. Maybe owning the car, mortgage payments, ect. made George 2 happier yet
more stressed. :lol

Woa. His hair was not grey, it's brown!!! Hahaha

George-01.jpg

EDIT: nope, it def has some whisps of grey.

picture-5-475x335.png

My vote is on the wet v. dry look. Or they just forgot.

Nope, don't buy it. George 1 was obviously not concerned with his looks. I seriously doubt he would be vain enough to even think about dying his hair.

All that success of writing those books cause some stress in his life which means grey hair.....it's symbolic

Case Closed.

All that success of writing those books cause some stress in his life which means grey hair.....it's symbolic

Case Closed.

That's actually the wife's theory as well :lol
Nope, don't buy it.
Stressed? He's out playing tennis, his libido hasn't suffered (pinched Lorraine's butt) and didn't freak when he heard the car was damaged. I don't think he was stressed so much that money was an issue. Looks at his new gigs.
And buy the way, if he's doing so well, why are still living in the same house they were in when they were ghetto?

"Whoo! Time to change that oil!" stuck in the 50s greaser era lol.

Maybe he didn't wanna be a sellout and decided to keep the same house... Keep a small house and u can buy more crap! Including a BMW, a new Toyota for ur youngest butthead son, and a giant house elf (who is a decendant of a killer named Mad Dog and may snap at any moment)

So in the beging (of the first movie) George McFly has jet black hair.
At the end his hair is grey.
Marty came back to the exact time, did't he? George's should have been black, not grey, yes?

''Why'' indeed. For you see, George's hair was not just an outward symbol of his constant emasculation, but also an inward cry for attention, respect, and, dare I say...redemption? His inner turmoil shone through his follicles in a way that his projected persona was utterly incapable of. He was a prisoner, not only of his surroundings, but also of his own inexplicable lack of will. To say that his hair was ''black'', was also to acknowledge that his very existence was, to himself, reprehensible at best, and, more likely, pathetically mundane at worst.

Or it was the hair grease.

Here's a part 2 question. Why did Marty take the pink hoverboard instead of the orange board? He was in a rush, but if it were me, i'd steal the orange one so it wouldn't actually look like i stole from an 8 year old girl

Here's a part 2 question. Why did Marty take the pink hoverboard instead of the orange board? He was in a rush, but if it were me, i'd steal the orange one so it wouldn't actually look like i stole from an 8 year old girl

Also, why did Doc let Marty bring the Hoverboard back with them to 1985?

Here's a question I was always a little confused about:
So the end of the first movie implies that George became a successful writer. Biff mentions that it's his new book while Lorrane mentioned it's his first book.

So is this success newfound? Or did he slog along at some office job for 30 years while writing a book on the side?

My guess is that he was simply more successful in whatever he was doing due to his confidence. The book was something he "set his mind to" and did on his own. :)

The newspaper from the alternate 1985 however identifies him as "local author" so maybe he's a columnist or something like that.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back