Yes another noob Zentai question thread but I really need to Skullomania!

WulfSpyder

Hi RPF. I've fallen down a research rabbit hole of custom Zentai creation and printing and I had a few questions that I was hoping some of you might have answers for.

The Costume I'm working on is Skullomania! It's a costume I've always wanted to do since he's my favorite street fighter character and since the recent announcement that he'd be returning soon, I thought there's no better time than now.

skullomania-conceptsketches.png

I've already gotten my hands on a few free Zentai patterns and since I'm pretty proficient with Photoshop I was going to start working on my own pattern and then realized it's much harder than I had anticipated. Mostly in figuring out how to lay out the pattern so that it falls in the right place and so that the designs I make on the pelted flat image come out looking right when worn on the body. The version I'm going to be doing is the more modern version with the bone painted gloves and boots.

minimalist-wallpaper-1920x1080.jpg

So my two basic questions are:

1) Does anyone have any pointers on how to make sure the pelted pattern comes out right? I'm working off of Kelandrums Raimi suit patter from this thread so that my suit could have some subtle muscle shading but I can't figure out how to make sure everything ends up where I want it to. Or, do you guys happen to know if anyone has made a pattern that has a print of like... a generic human body on it so that I could at least have some idea? If not, do you know where I could maybe make one?

2) I noticed that a lot of the black print of dye subbed suits end up looking washed out when they're stretched out. Given that, do you think it would be possible to buy a plain black zentai suit and paint the pattern on instead? If so, what paint should I use and what techniques do I need to not only apply the paint, but make sure it stays and to keep the costume clean.

Any help you guys can provide would be GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited:
painting on the pattern is ok but white on black will take several coats there are plenty of fabric paints around, a version i found that looked good was material bones that looked sewn to the suit. you could cut the templates on card then transfer them to material for the head i would buy i white balaclava and cut the skull shape from that because the head shape is difficult to reproduce this option should be cheap just need some sawing skills or someone with a sawing machine. sewn on also gives a slight 3d element to the bones

vega_vs_skullomania_by_psycho_vega.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back