X-Men: Days of Future Past

Listen you bloody idiot. If you don't want to watch the movie, then don't watch it, in which case you probably will. It's not like he's a Nazi and forcing you to watch it. You're probably a Nolan fan? **** director, **** Batman movies, and **** fans. He basically took a **** on every Batman comic there was because he didn't like the source material so don't talk about comic book movies. Yes, I said Nolan was a **** director. You bitchy fan boys just need to fall of this planet. God you **** me off. This movie will take off like First Class.

This ***** fest is so deliciously ironic. Come on, bub! Grow up.

Talk about bitchy fan boys.

1st Amendment...So harsh language is always acceptable. Gotta love it. Applies to the internet, too. If anybody has a problem with that, write to your local congressman.

For those that mention X-Men ripping off Terminator, X-Men 141 where this started, came out in 1981, a few years before T1. I always loved DOFP, though over time so many possible variations came out, it got a little hard to keep track of.

1st Amendment...So harsh language is always acceptable. Gotta love it. Applies to the internet, too. If anybody has a problem with that, write to your local congressman.

It's got everything to do with your post being extremely hypocritical and ******-baggy.

One guy posted his criticisms of ONE particular director and you then use that as an excuse to bash not only another director, but an entire franchise and an entire FANDOM. All on the assumption that he was a Nolan fan.

I can see you in real life. Guy at the bus stop comments that the Dolphins played a lousy game and you launch into a 10 minute rant on why he's a terrible person and how The Dark Knight ruined cinema.

I'm guessing just due to the popularity of the characters, part of DOFP will be wiping out X-Men 3 somehow. Be it showing everything wasn't quite as back to the status quo as the end credits had us believe or some other fall out.

As others have stated, the First Amendment does NOT apply here. You agree to the CoC when you join this place and if you cannot express yourself in a civil manner, there are plenty of other places for you to act like some anonymous goof ball. This forum ain't it. You can disagree with WesR all you like, but be a grown-up about it.

Singer hasn't exactly been blowing doors off of things since the first X-Men movie.

As others have stated, the First Amendment does NOT apply here. You agree to the CoC when you join this place and if you cannot express yourself in a civil manner, there are plenty of other places for you to act like some anonymous goof ball. This forum ain't it. You can disagree with WesR all you like, but be a grown-up about it.

Singer hasn't exactly been blowing doors off of things since the first X-Men movie.

Yep. The constitution of the United States may guarantee the right to bear arms but you wouldn't stand in the middle of Disneyland brandishing a semi-automatic.

Also, the internet is not the United States.

1st Amendment...
applies to government actions, not to the actions of private individuals on an internet forum. It also doesn't give you freedom from criticism when you berate other people for no good reason.

Look, we know it's the internet. We know there are times when folks get a little hot under the collar. We see it here from time to time.

But here's a tip: play the ball, not the man. You want to debate the merits of a particular director? No problem. You'll find plenty of willing debate participants here, some who agree with you, some who don't. But don't open your statements with a personal attack. I'm sure you can disagree without being disagreeable.

Bryan Singer Teases X-Men: Days of Future Past Costume Details | Superhero Hype
Here is hoping they go ahead with the colorful costumes, which I think can still translate well on screen.

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/statuses/268924125647613953

Singer_x-men_costumes.png

Not sure if its been mentioned already but I read today in SFX magazine that Matthew Vaughn is no longer involved in Days Of Future Past

About the costumes - of course they wouldn't work here - heck, the cover has Wolverine in a jacket and jeans (pretty much how he dresses in every movie) and Kitty in an overall jumpsuit - those leather suits have always been stupid. Just like darkening up Supermans costume - it comes from lack of imagimation.

Last edited:
"I'd like to officially welcome back James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, & Nicholas Hoult to #XMEN for #DaysOfFuturePast"

"Thrilled to announce @ianmckellen118 & @SirPatStew are joining the cast of #XMEN #DaysOfFuturePast #magneto #professorX More to come... "

Bryan_singer_x-men_casting_news.png

Aw, that's disappointing that Bryan Singer will be directing. I don't think his visual aesthetic, his story sense OR his action directing do comic book stories good service... I was very enthused when I first heard this would be the next film and really hoped Matthew Vaughn would be back as I thought his take on the franchise was a lot of fun with a lot of good action...

Still, that cover of John Byrne's is the one of the greatest in all comicdom. Someone should organize people in all the costumes to recreate the poster and then reproduce the image with folks in costume...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back