Wow... Too lazy to read? (Edit: I'm a tard)

aeonpulse

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This... this just saddens me... I mean, I'm not saying that every film that has English subtitles automatically deserves a ******* Emmy, but ***** ****** people, this is just embarrassing.

Moviegoers demand refunds over silent film | thetelegraph.com.au

Edit: *FACEPALM* Derp. I'm not even going to bother editing my above statement, this is what I get for posting while intoxicated. I obviously had not actually read the article at the time, but I did manage to make a giant ass out of myself.

Last edited:
Re: Wow... America too lazy to read?

...i was going to say....

perhaps i missed the part of the article that states these people from england were Americans living abroad? or? something....

Last edited:

I don't have time for all this reading crap, will someone just call me and catch me up on this?

Btw, yes the irony is incredible. :)

Call? CALL?!! If u cant txt me in 70 chars or less 2 tell me bout it, i dont ned 2 no.

But seriously, Aeon - "SEVERAL moviegoers in Liverpool, northwestern England, demanded a refund after complaining that silent film The Artist had no sound."

The headline, dude, the HEADLINE of the article you linked to.

0.o

You're right aeonpulse, those Americans were cretins for demanding a refund because it was a silent film, and I think this film is definitely deserving of an Emmy.

You just can't make this stuff up folks. XD

WTF? :confused

This article isn't about 'being too lazy to read' nor is it about Americans.

If anything, it's more about the ignorance of people (in this case, folks from Liverpool, England) going to see a particular film without knowing what it's about.

...and I can understand that. Sorry, but there are certain expectations when you go to see a film at a theater... those tend to be color, sound and a large screen experience. I can understand the expectations of those things

...however, I can also understand the moviemakers decisions to make a piece of art and a period piece like this.

Where is the line drawn? If you're going to an 'art theater' (and to be honest I do not know what the theater experience is like in England), you generally are seeking a movie out - and in that case you should be aware that a film like this is not going to be your typical movie going experience.

Well duh, too lazy to hit that link. I´ll wait ´til the article was made into a direct-to-DVD movie... :p

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back