Wolf inspired whip

8thsinner

As a whip maker I have to wonder if there is much interest in a real wolf type whip.
Inspired by and looking similar to with barbs.

I have recently started designing a few options and would like opinions on aspects

Length 6-8feet is probably all most regular folk should be encouraged to handle what do you think? I am not sure how long the movie one was off hand.

Barbs that are actually braided into the leather itself, non removable

Barbs that fit like a glove much more spaced out essentially tied together so they can be kept on in use or removed to use as a real whip?

Barbs as close together as the movie would easily entangle amongst themselves unless you are very experienced, so I am thinking more spaced out so it can still be used.

Barbs could be formed from titanium to keep weight down but actually work and be pointy.
Barbs can be made from molding plastic or made from a stiffer leather, though this would decrease the efficiency of the whip due to energy travel and momentum being thrown away in a loose material.

Now the price range I am talking about here is in several hundred dollars, it takes quite a long time to make these, as you guys are familiar with the price of suits cause you spend months on the things...
So whether I would be making this for myself or if you guys think ebay would handle it I would like to know.

Good to see another whip maker on the Lair!

In all honesty, titanium barbs would just not be a great idea. Carried against the suit skin, it could tear the latex, and I'd be very concerned someone would decide to try cracking it. Especially given the tendency for people's first attempt at cracking to be at the ground, alongside their leg. I really think, if you're plaiting the barbs into a whip, just do it for appearance, it's only a costume.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back