Wip First Attempt At Predator Costume.

Vormekta

going to be attempting to make a predator costume (well when i get some materials to do so, shopping for such now lol)

my idea's and list of current materials i will be using:

Name + Background Story: Vor’Mekta
Trained in stalking and dispatching high priority targets, Vor’Mekta was scarred when hunting a mighty green dragon. Never had he faced a more powerful adversary. Upon slaying the mighty creature he incorporated its skeletal structure into his armour, and from its skull he crafted a secondary bio, this he keeps mounted on his armour until faced with the next worthy adversary, when he will adorn the mighty beast fully. Vor’Mekta greatly favours close combat, utilizing the wrist mounted plasma cannon in succession with the blades during an attack.

Armour/Bio colours: based black, layered in greens with added weathering in orange and copper colours

Bio: Dragon hunter Predator Bio. Tri-laser target mounted on right side, mini camera mounted above laser sighting(cords lead into back power supply housing, has battery power, and comp for pic and video storage, with usb access, and card slot). (Green led’s, and eye’s) battle damaged, scratches.
(bio’s will be made after the predator mask. My idea is to sculpt the bio over the mask sculpt to ensure a good snug fit, and then cast and moulding it out of resin so it is sturdy.)

Armour: Left chest/partial back armour, over left shoulder. Left thigh armour, Right thigh contains shuriken holder, armour greaves, groin armour with chain mail flap, and belt, left and right armour pauldron’s, left pauldron has mount for bio when not being worn, @$$ flap. Gauntlets. Armour to have a natural bone like look. Battle damage? Netting on upper torso and left arm
(armour will be made mainly of cut out foamies etc., details will be from sculpted clay silicone pull offs attached over top. Will add some filler to keep texture.)

Weapons: Gauntlets. Right- dual blade and min built in comp pad (going to attempt the cd-rw method using the 9-12volt batteries etc.)
Left- mini plasma cannon (cable leads to backpack power source) (seeing as the left shoulder will house a bio holder that kind of blocks room for the shoulder cannon. I also saw a pic where It looked like there was some form of cannon on the predators gauntlet)

Shuriken, predator spear (both sides extendable/retractable from 9”-5’9”) spear is spring loaded with PVC pipe sizing down each section to slide into the next, with stoppers on end to prevent from flying out. Spear extends with push of a button centered on main pipe. (not sure if im going to make a shuriken, but will deffinetly b trying to make a spear that will “hopefully” extend on both sides with the push of a button. Have an idea to make this work. But want to check it before I break anyones dreams lo)

Head: closed mouth, similar version to wolf, but not missing mandibles, with battle wound on left side of face, more prominent crowning, extra lower mandible tusks, 44 dread locations. Green eyes, green dread tips
(I will be sculpting the head out of clay, and making a silicone pull off)

Skin: stripped skin pattern, or leopard spots. Colors- dark-light browns (will be using my dad’s batman costume as the base, and will be following McGuyvers Mr.I huntorial process)

Hands: right hand gloved, left in a menacing gauntlet with talons (similar to mask, will use mannequin hands to mould and make a silicone pull off)

Feet: 2”claws, clawed heel, talon caltrops (not really sure how I’ll be making the feet yet lol)

Trophies: teeth, claws, small skulls, goat skull (have multiple shark teeth, from a museum J, and some small skulls that I found at my old work that I will turn into trophies)
Items: 2 vials of starlight (cylinder jars filled with brilliant blue liquid and added detail to exterior of veils lol)

List of Supplies so far: (know im missing a fair bit of supplies and will add them when suggested or I remember them lol)
Silicone, urethane, resin, 3 sizes of PVC pipe, 4 large springs, modeling clay, hard dry clay, ½” roll up foam mattress, string, netting, thin foam and card, mannequin, green, LED’s, paints, airbrush paints, batteries, lenses for bio (sun glasses?) not including tools etc.

I am getting inspiration for the things i will be doing from many different pics i have found here on the lair. unfortunately i don't remember where i got each and every pic, but im sure many will recognize similarities. and thanks to those who have inspired me :)

when i get started i'll take as many pics and post as often as i can :) wish me luck lol

hope the link works. made the album public so i don't see why it wouldn't.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150452598051488&set=a.10150444845736488.419036.623426487&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150452598041488&set=a.10150444845736488.419036.623426487&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150452598031488&set=a.10150444845736488.419036.623426487&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150452602511488&set=a.10150444845736488.419036.623426487&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150452602011488&set=a.10150444845736488.419036.623426487&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150452602136488&set=a.10150444845736488.419036.623426487&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150452602231488&set=a.10150444845736488.419036.623426487&type=1&theater
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150452602351488&set=a.10150444845736488.419036.623426487&type=1&theater
these r just a few sketches atm. still working on others

come on ppl's don't be shy to post any idea's, suggestions, or concerns :) any and all help is greatly appreciated

currently have a head sketch completed, and working on bio's. will scan tonight and try to add :)

Yeah really in need of pictures here dude, that way people can offer advice and assistance with your build. Otherwise, people not really sure what to suggest lol
Out of question, I am confused, have you already made a suit or in the process of making one?

get some pictures up and then this thread should light up...

im in the process of making. i hope to get pics up soon, just been a little busy l8ly. was hoping ppl might have some suggestions to offer based on my ideas atm tho lol. i understand the pic's thing and all :)

im currently stuck on waiting for supplies to come in atm :( but will get my sketches up asap

Pretty ambitious build. I have been working on the spear (as have others) and a simple spring and PVC is more complicated than what you make it out to be.
Also there is a LOT involved to create the costumes you are suggesting. Take what you have figured in for your budget and quadruple it and then double it again.
Good luck and dont give up!

thanks for the info, and encouragement :) and if the pvc pipe spear idea doesn't work i'll simply make something else lol. i'd like it to be the best it can be, but if i end up running into bumps i cant get over, will make a new path and try something else :)

If you wanna do it cheaply, I have heard of people converting a Darth Maul double-edged lightsaber into a spear. People have added springs and mechanisms into them to make them spring load (same technology as the push in and out toy knife). The light saber already has the basic shape of the spear, probably needs to be widened a lil but upholstery foam and foamies can help you there, also great for adding details.

To make the whole thing more rigid just cover it in three or more layers of resin, should work and then paint it. On the plus, the double-edged saber has two ends that open and shut. When I come around to making the spear, this is what I will be doing.

Hope this helps

No pics??? I cant advise or help without seeing what you have done.
Willing to assist but you must first help us help you.
-James

[quote name='Vor'mekta' timestamp='1320947501' post='321898']

have been trying to get pics up. but to no avail. will keep trying.
[/quote]

What are you uploading your pics to? Try uploading them a different website like http://photbucket.com and then use the image link icon on the tool bar to upload the picture through the images URL.

Hope this helps

ok. added a link with pics at top. now when i say ****** resolution...... well its bad. lol. and will deff be updating as soon as i get home and can scan the pages

I been thinking about a backstory for my predator, it includes my friend who I shall be making the costumes with. Kinda like 3 of us went to a temple to get unblooded and one died and such

I been thinking about a backstory for my predator, it includes my friend who I shall be making the costumes with. Kinda like 3 of us went to a temple to get unblooded and one died and such

pretty sick idea. after starting the topic a friend of mine in hamilton decided he wanted to help out and make a costume with me lol. dunno what his backstory will be tho

apologies for not posting any progress ion the past few days. im almost done a few more sketches that i will add this weekend. and will also try and get the pics all loaded onto the lair. As well supplies are coming in so i'll be able to begin construction within the next few weeks :)

thanks to all who have posted :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back