Whip question

Bonded Hawk

I don't know if this should be in the junkyard because I am asking about vendors. Let me know if I need to move this. Where should I look for a good whip in the $100-$150 range. My wife does a Catwoman costume and I want to upgrade her whip (so no brown Indy whips). I have, and love, a Northern whip; but I cannot justify spending too much on a whip that will largely be a prop. I have not shopped around for a whip in a few years, what is out there?

Bonded Hawk

I have an excellent 15' black whip purchased from a place called Craftsman in Leather in Estes Park, Colorado and I believe I paid around $150.00 for it.

I bought a nylon braided whip at a ranch supply store for less than 150.00. It doesn't crack as well as my Morgan whip, but it is great for practice and can take a lot of beating. I know Catwoman had a leather whip, but I believe this would suffice. Look around at ranch supply shops.

Cheers

Sebastian

I have tried local feed stores with no luck.
Just a quick look through Craftsman in Leather and I didn't see any whips. I'll look a little better when I get up for work later.
Thanks for the replies

BH

You may also want to check any local saddle and horse supply shops in your area, my first whip was bought at a local saddle shop that unfortunately doesn't exist any longer.

Whether or not whips are shown on the Craftsman in Leather website they definitely have them so you may want to give them a call.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back