Question Where did the paper props section go?

Yeah I agree it's makes for a sloppy forum index, IMO...

It's either a forum or not, now it looks like some pinned announcement thread...
Exactly. I couldn't even find it until I checked this section to see where it had moved to. Where it was the first time was fine with me, at least that's just my 2 cents.

It's either a forum or not, now it looks like some pinned announcement thread...

Exoray, on a personal level, I agree with you. Paper Props don't warrant enough activity to justify a forum of their own. Stats show that forum had 251 posts over the past 30 days. That is approximately 1/4 of the posts the next smallest forum (General Modeling) received.

The Paper Props forum was not created so much so as a "forum" but as an insulating container to shield the paper props posted on this site because such pieces are so often and easily taken by non-members and reproduced to sell on eBay. Given the extremely low level of activity within that forum, it technically should be reabsorbed back into the Replica Movie Prop forum but we are maintaining it due to the security concerns expressed by the members of this site.

Given the extremely low level of activity within that forum, it technically should be reabsorbed back into the Replica Movie Prop forum but we are maintaining it due to the security concerns expressed by the members of this site.

No, I like the Paper Prop section, its so much nicer then back when we had "Paper Prop Thread 1,2,3,4,74,82,..."

I liked it when it was its own section on the main screen, but its fine as a subforum. It actually makes a lot of sense as a subforum.

And don't judge its value based on level of activity, with how streamlined it is, there wont be much activity (other then viewers)

-Charles

I'd move the screen used section in under the main prop section as a sub-forum as well.

And I think the descriptions under each forum title is a bit excessive... could easily be made much shorter...

Just my opinion.

I also find that the junkyard would fit better right under the OT section and above the announcements and suggestions sections. To me it's just like it's been dropped right out of the screen.

The paper props forum doesn't show up as a sub forum in the replica props forum for me. It completely disappeared after the recent upgrade.

Can someone provide a link or forum number that I can just jump to directly?

The paper props forum doesn't show up as a sub forum in the replica props forum for me. It completely disappeared after the recent upgrade.

Can someone provide a link or forum number that I can just jump to directly?
As a new member you do not have access to the Paper Props forum. That has always been the case.

http://www.therpf.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_commonlyasked

When it recently became a sub-forum under the Replica Prop forum, the link was changed to only show up for members that can actually access it.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back