Where can I find / buy these plastic "couplers" ??

DR4296

Greetings All !

Anybody know where I can find / buy these plastic.... (for lack of a better word)... "couplers"? (The sort-of barrel-shaped bits on the left, NOT the stuff in the bag on the right.)

2019-09-14 15.04.49.jpg

I bought a child's tent at a thrift store... and these were used to connect two poles together. (The poles themselves are like thinner diameter PVC. They have an outer diameter of .5 inches.)

I've been looking locally for similar child's tents, but it's sort of a crap-shoot. I need like a half-dozen or so more of these things.
Been googling but haven't found the "magic words" that actually lead me to these for sale from some sort of plastic supplier.

Thanks!

These may be specific to the manufacture of the tent and probably won't be available in the hardware store. However, if you are in a creative or manufacturing mood, you can look online for a plastic manufacturer that either makes custom PVC pipe, or perhaps you can get PVC rod and just drill through several sections with a drill bit that matches the diameter (or a hair larger)than the tent poles.

TazMan2000

1/2 ID pvc couplers are a standard hardware store item that should fit a 1/2 OD tent pole. Only issues are they are kind of thick (might not fit in the fabric channel) compared to those couplers and might be a little too short. Not too expensive to buy one and see if it will work.

1/2" schedule 80 pvc pipe has an id of 0.546 in. That might work for couplers.

1/2" copper pipe has an id of 0.527 in. type K

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back