When is Predator: Dark Ages being released?

Too short!!!!!!!!!!

Solid storyline overall.
Camerawork was a little wobbly at times.
Acting was surprisingly good. A little cliche at times, but still very good.
Good propwork and choreography despite the shortness of the actual combat sequence.
VFX were spot on.
Woman's costuming was a little LoTR IMO.

Solid B+ for a short film.

if you're going to have the predator in a movie make sure that its a predator in all its aspects.
predator using a sword? not buying it
trilaser targets first, then canon moves to the acquired target.not the other way around
"your life for his"
how corny and stupid!
the fighting choreography was mediocre imo
I'll pass.
the other short film with the P2 was way better than this.

I was there live for the premier. Costuming/storyline was great the part including the Saracen was the most interesting aspect considering what's happening all over the edges of Europe with the Muslim tribes. The use of religion, having a priest council a Templar into agreeing to have an ally who arent on good terms caught my attention.

I actually like the idea of a predator with a sword. However, if a predator is going to use a sword it should be their only weapon to start with. And the armour set up should be different. Perhaps a helmet representing the black knight etc and so on.

The sword itself was too small, I double hooked tip would of made it look more menacing, the beast is 7 ft 4+ with a small sword that can be held with one hand.... Come on... Give him a claymore (weapon William Wallace used) with two hooks and some width :'D

Loved the use of 'Jinn' (the unseen and the first inhabitants of Earth) something Muslims have had a spiritual war with for centuries something Umar (a disciple of Prophet Muhammad pbuh in Islamic literature) battled a Jinn to victory. So I was expecting a fitting conclusion however the 'deal' simply suggests that the Predator is a creature to be bargained with.

I always viewed predators as honourable, having come to terms with a deal really makes me question the creatures honour and motives. The predator seeks glory as well as death to a worthy opponent.

The ending for me was... meh...
And throughout the film there were cringe-worthy moments where the Templar knights were 'hunting' the predator. They did not look like hunters especially the elf woman. Furthermore, when I studied about the knights there is a certain tactic they had used which was staying together and not separating.
The choreography of the fight scenes needs alot of work they should of watched Hanzo's battle with the Falconer more. Lastly, the worst thing for me was the predators cannon and armour. When you're set to face Knights, why bring high tech weaponry? when relating this back to AVP1 They had the superior weaponary due to their fights with Aliens but I see nothing as harmful as an Alien in the short film. Replace the tri-laser with a cross bow. The beeping bombs with something more old fashion. The only thing that should of been there is the wrist gauntlets and a sword.

That's my opinion :D solid B

It was decent.
Like Mika said, way too short. but the acting was pretty good. If a bit cheesy at times.

I liked the dynamics of the Sarasan and the Templars, But there could have been a bit more to the characters. There was little to no real connection with them for us to care about their deaths.

The female character's tracking abilities seemed to be a bit in the realms of supernatural. I mean she just glanced about and knew where to go.

The predator was pretty good visually, and I can get the sword. They have used swords in the comics many times, and they have been known to scavenge weapons from fallen foes. So why not a templar sword. The elder in P2 had a flintlock But as Ronin said, trilaser THEN cannon. And the predator would have removed his bio and cannon for the final fight. and no trophy would ever be given up. Not even with the threat of death.

Good concept but it needs a lot of work to become great.

Watched it the other night and I found it to be very enjoyable as Predator fan films go. Personally I wish they had more money to up the ante more with a better run time and a budget for a less generic looking Predator, but they are trying to get buzz to do a sequel maybe if they do a kickstarter or Indiegogo I would definitely kick in if it means at least an hour or more run time and a bigger budget to do better in terms of set, designs, and fight scenes. I did enjoy the acting and the story was alright I just wish they could have done more cause with the concept they've barely scratched the surface.

Also the Elder Predator/Greyback from P2 used a machete like sword and in Predators its shown they use axes soooo a sword isn't to far off though it looked like a short sword when compared to the hulking size of a Predator.

I just watched this last night, for a fan film its not bad. Unlike Ronin, I think the sword is plausible, he could very well have taken it as a trophy from a previous fight. the bits that jarred most for me were the Predator using his laser weapon against someone armed only with swords, and who wasn't, quite frankly even that much of a threat to him... and secondly, the "Your life for his" bit. Again, the Saracen was very little threat to him so his basically saying "oh, ok, sorry, off you both go then" (which is what his actions say) just doesn't make sense. I suppose its hard in a way, there's only so many ways an encounter like this can end... options being a stalemate where everyone lives (which is the case here) and is a very unsatisfying one... 2: the Predator kills the humans, which is more realistic but not really satisfying in terms of story, and 3: the humans kill the predator, (as in most other movies) which is not overly plausible. I think the final battle needed to be a bit more intense and exciting. On the whole though, a good effort

Agreed Kehlan, captured weapons seem to be their forte. I plan on carrying unusual things on my Pred costume, gotta show some originality while keeping the whole thing plausible at minimum. I have to say for those that say it is too short, that only reveals how good it is. It is long for a fan film, but those credits are also a bit long for a fan film. I liked the old religious man, the woman fit her part very well and the acting was first rate. I feel as though I've seen a new Predator movie! The all too frequently challenged trade is as much whim as any intelligent species would be tempted by. The Predator by no means felt it needed to save itself, it could have had those two in as many seconds. Whim I say. Excellent film, loved it!

Last edited:
So is it going down that this is relegated to youtube and cannot be made available through any other mediums? I NEED a copy of this.

Not bad for a fan made....... I did enjoy some parts of it. It was a fun little film. CONGRATS!

BUT...... I did do a bit of a Predator head tilt in confusion at the end. Would a Predator REALLY have turned away from a fight like that? Doesn't their whole culture revolve around the hunt and death in a hunt is seen as honorable. Why would he have just walked away because a little guy was holding a knife at his dreads? Predators blow themselves up when they are about to loose a battle for freaking sake. They would never tolerate the whole "your life for his" crap. I mean seriously.....the knight stabbed the Pred in the chest...... Pred looks down at it then bitch slaps the knight to the ground....... are we really supposed to believe he would WALK away because of a tiny 14 inch blade? Please...... that little scholar would be on the ground headless before he made note to pee his pants...... Pfffffftttttttt!!!!!!

The tracker not really "tracking", the cannon flub-up, the predictable lines, etc. are all excusable in a fan based film for me...... but that rewrite in a Predators behavior in battle?........well........I did not care for. OK.....ending my stink.....

I give it 3 out of 5 stars...... still worth watching, and I commend them on their efforts. ;)

That was a good watch with some good actors, unfortunately for me The Predator just didn't sell it well enough for my taste however it's a great premise and the incorporation of enemies coming together for the greater good of keeping one's spine where it's supposed to be is appreciated. Def worth the watch.

I agree. Personally I feel the pred absolutely didn't get enough screen time unmasked. But they probably didn't have the money for animatronics so most likely hence the constant masked pred besides those 2-3 seconds where he sits in the tree lol.

Funny, I'm sort of the opposite, I'm not a Predator 'face fan', I love the Predators in bio's so we're not all disappointed with too little 'face' time. :)
I still say (sort of a double post but appropriate I think) the whim of letting someone live (the ending) could easily be due to a moment of intelligent respect. We all know he could have ended it for both of them and it would have been too easy. I went away from the ending with the understanding he didn't need to accept the deal, he chose to for his own reasons (respect for a lesser creatures courage maybe?) and hence shows more intelligence than say a killing 'machine' would, like a shark or something like a Xenomorph.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back