'When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth' - T-Rex VS Velociraptors Polystone Diorama

cocomonk22

Sr Member
Sideshow recently acquired the JP license earlier this year. "Sideshow is licensed to create a line of collectible dinosaur statues and dioramas commemorating the film’s upcoming 15-year anniversary."

This is their first item in their Jurassic Park line scheduled to begin shipping Q3 2008.

81181_press01-001.jpg

8118_press03-001.jpg

8118_press04-001.jpg

8118_press06-001.jpg

8118_press07-001.jpg

8118_press10-001.jpg

8118_press11-001.jpg

8118_press12-001.jpg

Specs:
12" H (304.8mm) x 13" W (330.2mm) x 11" L (279.4mm)
9.00 lbs (4.08 kg)

"The Sideshow Exclusive version [sold out] of the 'When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth' - T-Rex VS Velociraptors Polystone Diorama includes a unique feature available nowhere else: 'When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth' scaled fabric banner!"

Well, they're my two favorite dinosaurs in the diorama, but honestly, the too-small teeth on the Tyrannosaur ruin it for me.

I'm gonna have to give this item :thumbsdown :thumbsdown.

The Wook

Awww... Dammit! They really missed the boat with this one! When I clicked I was hoping to see a 3d version of this!

800px-Jurassic_Park_screenshot_4.jpg

-Sarge

Well, they're my two favorite dinosaurs in the diorama, but honestly, the too-small teeth on the Tyrannosaur ruin it for me.

I'm gonna have to give this item :thumbsdown :thumbsdown.

The Wook

Actually, the teeth are pretty darn accurate for a real T-Rex. You can see where the gum line was on actual fossils, and not a huge amount of tooth was exposed. This sculpt has it right.

Granted, it's not "screen accurate" which is what I assume you meant, and neither is the skin coloring, but I still like it. If I could afford the ridiculous prices Sideshow charges, I'd get one.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back