Wheel of Time Props

I have been working on Matts Foxhead medallion

2013-03-08-19.01.06_225x300.jpg
2013-03-08-19.01.15_225x300.jpg

its still a little two dimensional, and I could use some comments - but I feel its the right size and has the symbol of the Aes sedai in his eye

its still a little two dimensional, and I could use some comments - but I feel its the right size and has the symbol of the Aes sedai in his eye

Love It!
I think the size looks good, big but not too large to wear. Nice work on the tiny cut-out! That kind of detail can make you go cross-eyed in a hurry. Is the background drawn in or is it relief cut? In the photo it is a little tough to tell.

In one of the novels, I thought, if I am remembering it correctly, that the fox's ears touched Mat's collarbones on each side. And the whole medalion was more oval or oblong.

I really like that Aelfinn! It's very much how I pictured it. Do the books say that the aes Sedai symbols are in the eyes?

In one of the novels, I thought, if I am remembering it correctly, that the fox's ears touched Mat's collarbones on each side. And the whole medalion was more oval or oblong.

Here is how the Fox Head is depicted on the cover of The Fires of Heaven.
I think the artist got some of it right but made it look more like a lynx than a fox. :lol

Great feed back guys thank you- ill look into the ears and the oblong /oval shape

Although I never felt that the one on sale and the book picture were correct.

In the book Elaine makes copies and when she fight some forsaken she drops it and it rolls down the hallway.

It has a vine and leaf pattern in the background buts that just to give it something- any thoughts on what it could be? Or what it can be changed to?
Ill do another rev and post it.

I looked into some things for you from the books. It does roll, so it should be round. I'm still looking for the size. But Matt does hold it in his palms while fighting the gollum. So it can't be too big, because he palms it.

Its currently 65mm(Round) x 5.5mm(thick)

I really like the pic you posted Iceman.
it really does need to be wider - its looks too much like a wolf right now.
I hope to have a chance o REDO the whole thing this weekend.
then ill post new pics.

thanks for all the great ideas and suggestions. if you have anymore before Friday night please let me know :)
hope to have something cool to show soon :D

Glad I could help! As you can tell I really like what you've done. If you're going to widen the fox's head I wonder if you need the leaf pattern as I don't remember thinking there was anything around the head. Maybe it could be a tad thicker so that you could go a bit more 3D?

Can't wait to see it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back