What Putty, Clay, Epoxy, Whatever To Use When Creating Customs?

hakosuka

as the title says, i dont know what to use. i prefer the industrial ones since its a lot cheaper than the specialized art stuff but the material (epoxy) is very unmanageable and unstable. I also tried sculpey but since im fusing it to plastic parts, baking it in an oven will destroy the figure. (im customizing figures, if this is a wrong thread pls guide me, im new here : ) I'm looking for a clay that cures by itself and sets like epoxy resin. any insights will be helpful. tia

I would say plumbers putty but that won't work on marble or plastic. Apoxie is they way to go in my book. Good luck on your hunt bud.

I was thinking about this question and to be honest cheap putty, epoxy, is not a good call.I have used cheaper stuff when i first started modeling and it never was a good thing for the final product and hard to use.I will make you a better sculptor by suffering through it but if you get the good stuff its so much better.Magic sculpt epoxy i have is one of the best , and as most knows sculpy is one of the best clay.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back