What kind of walkie talkie is Rick using in season 5 of TWD??

I think this is supposed to be a screen-used radio.

58b42299691a48db3fd068bb48780cb7.jpg

Which is definitely the same model as this shot.
ANd9GcTA7q7949yO6VocRCfqQkgsoXlt6wD6BHLecX-xvMrshs98SEjIlUiUT58o.jpg

So you're looking for a Motorola brand MTX series radio.

After a quick search I turned up a stubby version of that antennae on Amazon. And after a quick model number search.

http://forums.radioreference.com/610012-post1.html

Motorola MTX838

mtx838.jpg

Now all you gotta do is match it to a season 5 radio.

Attachments

• 21O1hToMooL.jpg
    21O1hToMooL.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
I think this is supposed to be a screen-used radio.

View attachment 619626

Which is definitely the same model as this shot.
View attachment 619628

So you're looking for a Motorola brand MTX series radio.

After a quick search I turned up a stubby version of that antennae on Amazon. And after a quick model number search.

http://forums.radioreference.com/610012-post1.html

Motorola MTX838

View attachment 619633

Now all you gotta do is match it to a season 5 radio.
Does he use the same one in season 5/6 ? anyway thanks alot dude!! :D Ive tried to find it for quite some time but everything i found was "Who was in on the radio" and "It was glenn on the radio"

I'm not familiar enough with the show to identify Rick by seasons.

I can spot a first season because he has the hat instead of Carl. After that he cycles between clean and dirty.

I did find this. Pretty sure it's a later-season Rick.

twd-509-walkietalkie.jpg

Big edit:

I still thought it was the same radio MTX838. But after a close look, the antennae is on the wrong side. Also the white line is on the wrong knob.

Attachments

• Motorola_NAE6483_UHF_small.gif
    Motorola_NAE6483_UHF_small.gif
    11.4 KB · Views: 442
  • radio-motorola-mtx838-frecuencia-troncal-sin-cargador-836201-MLM20293351155_052015-F.jpg
    radio-motorola-mtx838-frecuencia-troncal-sin-cargador-836201-MLM20293351155_052015-F.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
I'm not familiar enough with the show to identify Rick by seasons.

I can spot a first season because he has the hat instead of Carl. After that he cycles between clean and dirty.

I did find this. Pretty sure it's a later-season Rick.

View attachment 620006

And here's the back of an MTX838.
View attachment 620012

I think it's the same walkie-talkie. But the later-season radio antennae seems to have lost the ball-end antenna and had it replaced with a capped antenna. Like this.

View attachment 620011

And this antenna is the same manufacturer of the ball-end one. So they may have used this exact model for replacement.

This antenna is a Motorola NAE6483

I think if you bought the Walkie Talkie with the ball-end Antenna and this cap-end antenna. You can have a early-season and late-season Rick Radio.
Thanks for all the help dude! :)

The season1 is definitely a MTX838.

The later season. The antenna and knobs are all in the wrong position. So I do not think it is the MTX838.
However there is the possibility that he just grabbed a random radio from another character. Or the prop guys messed up. Etc.

The only way you'll know for sure is to actually look through episodes and check out the radios. That takes more time than I am frankly willing to spend. The later-season picture is from season 5 episode 9, if I remember the tag right. You could start there. Since most of the time a radio will be gripped in the hand, you'll probably want to keep your eye on the antenna/knob layout mostly.

Does he use the same one in season 5/6 ? anyway thanks alot dude!! :D Ive tried to find it for quite some time but everything i found was "Who was in on the radio" and "It was glenn on the radio"

Here is what it looks like in the later seasons. This is a non-display type radio and I'm pretty sure, based on the shape, it's a Kenwood. I used to have a radio very near this one for work.

walkingdead.jpg

Upon further research, I think it's a Kenwood TK-2300. I could be wrong, but the shape and lettering looks right to me. The knob profile changes a little bit when the radio is switched on.

kenwood.jpg

Here is what it looks like in the later seasons. This is a non-display type radio and I'm pretty sure, based on the shape, it's a Kenwood. I used to have a radio very near this one for work.

View attachment 620785

Upon further research, I think it's a Kenwood TK-2300. I could be wrong, but the shape and lettering looks right to me. The knob profile changes a little bit when the radio is switched on.

View attachment 620786
That does look really close yeah. im not quite sure but is it the same one that daryl and glenn uses? or would that be to easy :p

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back