What is a good acrylic casting resin for making teeth?

PerniciousProps

Hi there, new user posting for advice.

I've got a couple silicone based molds for teeth (molars), and a prop shop in my area wants me to sell them some. They recommended that I pour them out of Acrylic casting resin, but I've never used the stuff so I know nothing about it. Is there a particular brand I should look into for teeth? I think I'd want something white but not too white, natural looking, and it'd have to be something fairly simple to use and inexpensive since I expect to be making these teeth in quantities.

Isn't Dental Acrylic expensive though? I need to make these on the cheap, and they don't have to be photo realistic, just good enough to look right for a few seconds on screen.

What Fettster said. Go with the dental acrylic. Especially if they are going in someones mouth. Hit your dentist up for some. He may even be able to help you buy it in bulk.

It depends on what you mean by expensive... but I don't think it's all that expensive, especially for a small amount. I am not up on the latest prices, but tI don't think it will break your wallet. I used to get my stuff from Davis Dental in Van Nuys back in 'the day'.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back