What does everyone use for Mask Making?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightbatstudios

Hey everyone,

I'm still new here and I'm trying to pick up some tips and tricks so I can finally start making the Masks I've always wanted to make! As a huge comic book fan (mainly Batman) and as someone who owns an independent Horror Movie studio, I'm really ready to start making my own props. My questions to all of you super talented sculptors are:

What is a list of materials that I MUST have and where to get them at a good price?

What materials do you like the best?

Any good books or videos?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure this question has come up here before so I'm sorry if I'm just creating another thread on a similar topic!

Thank you!

Check out the Sculptors section of the forum...I've picked up A LOT of good tips by just going through there and reading about everyone's work. As far as molds, and what you want your masks/props to be made out of there are tons of options. Plastic, latex, different types of foams. There are a few different ways of making the molds and final products as well. Out of the bit of practice I've had so far the one bit of "something" that you absolutely need is PATIENCE. Take your time, and don't rush. If you don't rush, things tend to come out much better and you'll make fewer mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back