what color to paint my halo costume?

takevin

Sr Member
ok, wife and I are getting two new halo suits, had them before, sold them. I had a red one, and my wife went with a aqua green. She's going for purple this time. Im thinking metalic gunmetal grey with black highlights, or vice versa, black with gunmetal grey highlights. Also been thinking going with duplicolor or krylon color changing paint like I did my wifes predator in. What do you guys think?? Cool or no? LIke a blue/purple or red/blue?

Krylon has either
Magenta/Gold
Silver/Green
Blue/Purple

or duplicolor has
purple/green
silver/green
red/blue
gold/magenta

Originally posted by Reverend Scapegoat@Jan 17 2006, 10:01 AM
What about "Lightish red"?
;)
[snapback]1161090[/snapback]​

EXACTLY what I was going to suggest. :lol

I like the silver/green but I think it'd be neat to see some Halo armor pained up like the camo trooper in EIII.

Do you have any pics of camo trooper? One thing thats nice with either the krylon or duplicolor it does act as a camoflage, because the color of the armor would change depending on light and shade, to go from one color to another. Maybe a black and dark grey camoflage halo armor would look good?

your getting another set of halo armor. Man...I would go with a red and black myself...although I don't know why...hehehehe. You going to Dragoncon. I want to go this year. Car to car pool, share a room.

Is it H1 armor again, or a certain H2 suit?

If you are doin h2, I'd say rock a color available on the game. I like the Steel/Gunmetal color, thats what my Live characters color is.

Trying to take my color scheme, eh? ;)

DCP_2018.jpg

its H2> LOL yea, Hey I had a H2 armor waaay before ya Derek, :p just going for a different look now, something darker then my red armor I had before.. Still havent decided, I like the black/grey or vice versa, or use that color changing paint where depending on light and shadow the paint will change. :)

yea its about 12 bucks or so for a three can piece, primer, color changer, and gloss coat. I figure two sets would be enough. Thats what Im kind of leaning to, I can always change it later. Also Krylon has some type of funky color changing enhancer you can use on regular paint, im wondering what it would do to sprayin on color changing paint? :)

Originally posted by takevin@Jan 19 2006, 07:06 PM
yea its about 12 bucks or so for a three can piece, primer, color changer, and gloss coat. I figure two sets would be enough. Thats what Im kind of leaning to, I can always change it later. Also Krylon has some type of funky color changing enhancer you can use on regular paint, im wondering what it would do to sprayin on color changing paint? :)
[snapback]1163260[/snapback]​

I guess the only way to find out is to do a test with the Krylon

Which company makes the color change paint

Looking forward to seeing what colors you use

TK648

both dupli and krylon have color changing paint, I was thinking of going with the red/blue or silver/green or blue/purple. Havent narrowed down yet, its only paint, it can always be changed. :)

Originally posted by takevin@Jan 20 2006, 01:53 PM
both dupli and krylon have color changing paint, I was thinking of going with the red/blue or silver/green or blue/purple. Havent narrowed down yet, its only paint, it can always be changed. :)
[snapback]1163873[/snapback]​

I would try the blue/purple first

TK648

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back