We've been Slimed! Restoring a Slimer Maquette from Ghostbusters

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all,

We've been teasing this project for a while on our Facebook page and it's now live on our site.

I'm a huge Ghostbusters fan and was thrilled that we had the opportunity to work on this prop... there's something magical about the 1984 version of Slimer. He's both ugly and cute all at the same time. Brilliant design.

When he arrived, Slimer had sustained some serious damage to the arms, and his skin was flaking off quite badly. He also had a bit of a finger stuck to the lower lip of his mouth (looks like he was eating a green hot dog!)

As always, we were very cautious and respectful in our approach to the restoration of this piece and worked hard to find the right balance between repairing and rebuilding. I'm very pleased with the outcome, as the piece still has the same sense of age and feel, but is much more stable and complete... and he displays beautifully!

Mike Thomas, Patrick Louie and I all contributed to the work, and a hat tip to Wesley for executing our case design.

Have a look at the page on our site for lots of additional pics - http://www.tomspinad...nservation.html

And check out the video on our Youtube channel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLuM2mRRtEk

Thanks for looking :)

Tom
Ghostbusters-Slimer-Movie-Prop-Restoration-Repair-1_1.jpgGhostbusters-Slimer-Movie-Prop-Restoration-Repair-4_1.jpgGhostbusters-Slimer-Movie-Prop-Restoration-Repair-7_1.jpg

Last edited:
Still kicking out the classics!

Merry Christmas to you Tom and all your wizards at the shop!

Man, some of the pieces you guys get to restore are just awesome. This one especially is fantastic. Great work as always.

mike

This is so cool.

Absolutely love the design and puppetry of Slimer in Ghost-Busters. Hated the design in the sequel.

A silicone replica of this that could be puppeted would be high on my wish list!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back