Walrusman bust finished. Big Pics inside!

TomSpinaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Well, here he is...

After making Dr. Evazan, this was the logical choice for my next sculpt. This was the first casting out of the mold and I did the finish work myself. In the next couple weeks I'll be sending a master out to Erich from www.lubattidesigns.com who will be doing the finish work on any future castings.

The hair's much more sparse in person... really looks dense in the pics. It's also a touch lighter in person as well (I sprayed some beige and gray overspray on it to knock the black down a touch.)

I put Evazan in there so you could see just how big the Walrusman bust is. I also took a nice side by side shot with backlighting and a little film grain. Fun seeing the two of them together and in the lighting we're used to.

As always, if anyone's interested, shoot me a PM or email for more info.

Tom

Walrusman1.jpg

DSC05485.JPG

still.jpg

"Here's another clue for you all... the walrus was Paul" (couldn't resist a Beatles ref. :lol)

:eek It seems like my jaw hits the keyboard everytime you post Wampa. I'll be sending you a bill for my new keyboard :p

These are so good... they're creepy. I love 'em. Simply incredible work.

UNBELEIVABLE.. Great work on old Ponda Baba there, looks incredible...especially next to Evazan...what an awesome display...amazing amazing pieces.

Amazing.

:thumbsup As always.

Always a pleasure to see you around AND your work.

It's nice to see marriage has not slowed you down.. :lol

Originally posted by apollo@Mar 9 2006, 09:22 PM
:thumbsup  As always.

Always a pleasure to see you around AND your work.

It's nice to see marriage has not slowed you down.. :lol
[snapback]1202677[/snapback]​

Thank you very much. I've actually made a conscious effort to speed up my sculpt time and try working with deadlines for myself on recent projects. So far, so good.

Thank you as well to everyone else for all the kind words. Glad to see other people are diggin' ole' bum-face as much as I am.

Tom

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back