VOY Author, Author: Mobile Emitter

Chubtoaster

Hello folks. I'm here with my very first build (so please be kind). It is the mobile emitter from the Voyager episode "Author, Author"... The one the doctor portrays in his holo-novel "Photons Be Free" As this is my first build it is not spot-on; The shape is inconsistent, it is slightly too large, there are no lights built into the device, and some other details are off. Please be kind with your comments... Consider the antennae to be poetic license.

It is made out of a ceramic heater, and it took me about 20 hours to complete. I had to take it apart, gut it, paint it, assemble it, and add the details. All-in-all I am quite proud of what I've made. I do hope to paint a display below the colorful buttons in the near future, and maybe add some copper wiring to the visible circuitry.

MobileEmitter.jpg

I almost forgot. This is complete with backpack straps (not visible in the picture). If anyone requests more pictures or video, I will produce them =)

I don't remember that episode, but my wife and I have been rewatching Voyager lately so I'm bound to see it soon enough.

Anyway it looks pretty nice to me. :) I especially like the gray accents on the bottom.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back