vision for alien"Xenomorph"

jasp

how do these creatures see???where are there eyes if there have any???do there hear to find there way like a bat???,are there telapathic???are the facehuggers blind & reley on sound vibrations to locate the host??just wondering so i thought i'd post them..how if there do see?how do there see the pred when cloaked hence why i think its by sound..found this little bit of info on Alien wikipedia,"They have elongated, cylindrical skulls but possess no visible eyes, though in the original Alien film, the top of the creature's head was translucent, with empty eye sockets of human appearance visible within. This element was re-used for the "Predalien" 29 years later. How the creatures see is uncertain. In Alien 3, a fisheye lens was used to illustrate the alien's point of view. In the novelization of the movie Alien, the creature is held mesmerized by a spinning green light for several minutes. "this confused me even more as it states the sockets where empty....mmmmmm holmles i need some deduction here? :p

I always thought they hunted by sight (they said so in A3), but their eyes are more like sensors (which is how they can see cloaked Preds) on the sides of their heads (my guess is that's what those bulgy things are). Either that, or their sensors are underneath the dome. But it's definitely visual.

I heard that they have eyes under their skin.....at least in the first movie. In the new AVP game it talked about pheromones, so maybe its like an ant.

Dan is right.
The alien Skull/Dome, is very sensative towards pheromones and this is how they see. If you remember from P2 when Keys shows the recording of the predator running across the computer screen as a sent trail, it is the same exact comcept. There are no eyes to be had, all just recivers that create the shape of their ememy from their smell/pheromones. This too is why their dome is so large, so they can 'see' ememies in front, above and semi behind all at once. This is what I have come to know from reading around and many of the books, comic books, games, web blogs, that are out there.

But as Skywalker has stated, it's all opinion :)

Hope this helps!!

it s a possibility that they have ultrasound sensors like bats......they could produce sounds and with returning of sound they could "see"....in that case eyes are unnecessary

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back