Value of Tomy Vader lightsaber?

BrooklynGuy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,
I've had this for many years now and it's time for me to move this out since I've accumulated too much stuff. I'm curious if anyone has any knowledge of its value. Couldn't really find anything specific in my searches. It's complete and working but it is old technology. Any advices would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20200731_144354.jpg
    20200731_144354.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 203
If you are simply interested in value. I've heard collectors utilize eBay for such info by filtering to the sold items. However since this item does not seem to have any sold listings, you could run an auction and starting at $0.01 and set the reserve at a high price that you do not expect to sell. This way you can see how much someone is willing to pay. You could do it a few times to see what the average high price is and that should give you an idea of it's value. An item's true value is really what someone is willing to pay for it.

Was Tomy the distributor for Master Replicas FX sabers in Europe/Asia? If so, I would think it's value would be the similar to the same Vader FX saber of the same manufacturer year.

Did you buy it new? Did you buy it in-person or shipped from Japan? What year did you buy it? Where/how did you buy it? How much did you pay for it?

Thanks for the replies. Yes, there haven't been any completed auctions on Ebay for this in ages, but that's a good idea Mara Jades Father. I may give your suggestion a try.
James Kenobi: yes, I bought this new from the bay shipped from Japan. Probably 2003 but can't remember exactly. At that time I paid $250, but doubt I can get that much nowadays.

I have one and have been wondering this my self. I did buy mine straight from Japan. They were $250 plus crazy shipping. They are a limited run of 2500. The luke was limited to 2000. You never see these come up for sale.

I bought one of Luke's and one of the Vader's many years ago. I gifted them when I moved and don't know where they might be now. They were plasma if I remember correctly. The fact that you don't see them often listed is probably a point in favor of their value being higher than you might think, if only due to rarity.

I just checked Yahoo Auctions Japan and saw one but it was not in working order, and pieces were falling off (it's J rank, or "junk"), yet it was still listed at about 70 bucks: ジャンク トミー スターウォーズ スーパーレプリ... - ヤフオク!

You might search トミー スターウォーズ スーパーレプリカライトセーバー (TOMY Star Wars Super Replica Lightsaber) from time to time on Japanese sites.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back