Vader ANH Silver Sidebars Grip/Clamp Placement

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Apologies if this is covered somewhere. I'm sure it is, but I could not find a definitive answer. What is the proper position for the clamp and grips on this saber? I'm getting ready to glue grips on, and want to be extra sure I put them in the correct position. I see many people's replicas have the clamp in the "six o'clock" position (opposite of the shroud knobs), and then a grip centered with that.

However, in this commonly share photo, things look... different. Neither the clamp or grips appear to be in line with the "S" holes in the center. Were things different when this photo was taken?

As I said, I'm sure the answer is out there... but I know new things are being discovered every day, and I'd like to go by the most recent information. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-06-19 at 3.09.00 PM.png

Unfortunately not really a definitive answer. My eyeballing of the little bit we see the saber on screen tells me that its probably at the 6 o clock position opposite the bulb release, just like the later ESB saber. Thats how Ive positioned it on my replica anyways. The second Vader hero saber from ANH with the red LEDs can be seen more clearly and that one is positioned at 6 o clock. My own feeling is that the clamp was moved a bit whenever the Chronicles photo was taken.

Most people do six because it looks proper, but if you go buy the chronicles pic above it'd be more like 5:52.

I don't recall who created this, and it's old (file properties say I saved it in 2005). Looks like they interpreted the Chronicles pic positions for the grips and the clamp - "screen used clamp position" obviously can't be verified 100%

ANH_vader.jpg

On my own ANH Vader I aligned a grip with the bulb release assembly and extrapolated from there...

Great - thanks all. I wanted to be sure there wasn’t one piece of new info I was overlooking that put this to rest 100%.

for now I’ll be content with the 6 o’clock position, since aesthetically that looks the best, IMO.

Thanks again all!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back