Uratz Custom Cannon Contest Entry - Lights Activated Video!

OK this is gonna sound like a cop out, but the arm blade thing may not make it. The dremel stuff I've ordered and the lightswords are all either delayed or wrong. My dremel bits that I need won't be here til Wednesday which I need to do proper sanding on the Rail Blade and the light swords I've ordered are all wrong!

I'm gonna work on the body today and lets see if I can complete it. Everything is taking longer than I thought. I do have a back up design for a bone-hunter cannon design I drew up today which is much easier to sculpt but still will take a long time and a lot of work. Arggh.

2012-05-25-1009.jpg

2012-05-29-1086.jpg

OK The body piece is being molded as we speak. it will be then cast and repeated 3 times like a 3 piece pie method. It will be glued together then maybe add some more greeblies and remolded again. Almost there....

Cannon WIP.jpg

Unholy **** balls Mike. We are all screwed..lol.... awesome work as always!

Dude, you ain't screwed.... yet. LOL Maybe when I actually get it done. Thanks to the PST time I got about 12 hours ahead extra time. Looks like I won't be sleeping tonight!

Dude, you ain't screwed.... yet. LOL Maybe when I actually get it done. Thanks to the PST time I got about 12 hours ahead extra time. Looks like I won't be sleeping tonight!

Lol... I like your style Mike! "Ain't no rest for the wicked!" ....Sculpt Hard my friend. Can't wait to see your finished cannon.... tomorrow (tick.. tock.. tick ..tock)...Noooo pressure whatsoever..(ok maybe a little.. :devil:) lol

Good Luck to you Mike! I think it's going to be a tough contest to judge. (y)

Update: Its cast in 3-4 parts, now gotta trim and glue them and whut not. I'll do my best for the rail blade arm see if I can mold it in time. This is far more difficult than I thought. But no different from FX studios in real life where ya gotta bust ya ass no sleep and deliver in the morning....

ok the cannon body and shaft is done and painted. I'm still awake and the sun is coming up and still waiting for the silicone to cure for the blade arms. should've added more catalyst. Argh

OK judges! My Cannon is Completed~!

I want to Thank everyone on the Lair for all the support and encouragement. I feel like I won a prize and its the cannon itself, which I will treasure my whole life. Thanks to Art for being such a cool admin and Sideshow for this contest!

This is a prototype, the cannon blade arms are molded, cast 3 times same with the repeated body surface. The rest is kit bashed sculpted. I'm going to sleep before I become insane... or sane?

This Draconian Ion Rail Plasma Cannon is the most advanced Plasma cannon that a Predator ever wielded.
- This cannon does not need any mounting arms for it has anti-gravity emitters and independent thrusters that allow it to hover in proximity and fires by remote via Bio helmet.
- This cannon floats where the hunter wants in hidden sight and fires plasma bolts when needed to take the enemy down by surprise.
- The Tri-Blade Ion Rail wings serves as a aerodynamic wing and Ion guide rail for precise firing over long distances.
- This Plasma Cannon has highly maneuverable flight characteristics much like a missile and with 3 pairs Ionic Drive thrusters it can reach mach 2 speeds.

Pictures:

the_draconian_plasma_cannon_02_by_uratz_studios-d51xl0a.jpg

the_draconian_plasma_cannon_01_by_uratz_studios-d51xhr6.jpg

the_draconian_plasma_cannon_greeblies_by_uratz_studios-d51xgze.jpg

the_draconian_plasma_cannon_03_by_uratz_studios-d51xido.jpg

Awesome Mike! Glad you were able to finish it! Proof that hard work and sleepless nights can produce amazing work. Good Luck in the contest! It looks like we all need it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back