United Cutlery UC 2941 Sauron Helmet

Luke0312

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Does anyone have the helmet from UC?

Just placed an order through Amazon, who after some searching seems to have the best price (even more so considering I always pay through Amazon with their Chase card, so an additional 3% off). Came to just a hair over $300 (free shipping). I feel that's a reasonable price all things considered.

From the description and specs, looks to be a pretty massive piece. The reviews I've seen are also favorable.

I believe it is a re-release, after the company came out of bankruptcy. The first release might have had a different stand (someone correct me if I'm wrong on that).

Will get some shots when it arrives in around a week.

Here's a link to it on UC's site: http://www.unitedcutlery.com/ProductDetail.aspx?itemno=UC2941&cat=LR

I wanted one but at the time I did I could never justify the price they were going for. 300 seems like a fair price for it these days. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this rpf member has one. He has the most impressive/overwhelming LotR collection I've seen pics of. I can't recall his username but his rpf avatar is the red book of westmarch.

I have one of the first runs and not the new one with the sculpted base. From everything I have herd it is the exact same helmet. Still prone to broken spikes so make sure to inspect it thoroughly when you receive it and $300 is a great price.

edit: Thanks for the great comments!:cheers

I have one of the first runs and not the new one with the sculpted base. From everything I have herd it is the exact same helmet. Still prone to broken spikes so make sure to inspect it thoroughly when you receive it and $300 is a great price.

edit: Thanks for the great comments!:cheers

Care to comment on the quality, give a quick review?

I'll provide mine when I receive it.

Wanted to put this out there since a site search didn't turn up any reviews on it.

Care to comment on the quality, give a quick review?

I'll provide mine when I receive it.

Wanted to put this out there since a site search didn't turn up any reviews on it.

It's absolutely huge and heavy. Kind of hard to display due to the size, but is also part of the grandeur of this piece. As it's made from poly-resin is has a slight shinny top coat and doesn't have a metal feel to it if put next to his gauntlet. Color scheme is identical to the new mace and go very well together to help put the collection together. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Got in in yesterday, have to laugh at the size the of the box it arrived in, just huge.

Really like the helmet and stand. Want to echo Stivie's comments, a matte clear would have been preferred, not that it is gloss, more satin. Wearing is funny, it actually fits your head in a comfortable manner, but given the weight and height, it does make a human bobble head, hard to control movement, would develop some real neck muscles worn on a regular basis, lol.

The stand is a nice touch to go with it. Given its size, the base helps balance out the displays look and with the design, just adds to the overall look.

Happy that I got it, very nice piece. I might consider putting a more matte topcoat on it, but in the end, will probably leave it as is.

Congrats, glad you like it. If you don't already have either Elendil or Isidur's helm I highly suggest both of them. As they are both made out of metal they are great pieces to have. The new Mirkwood helm coming out looks really cool as well.

Congrats, glad you like it. If you don't already have either Elendil or Isidur's helm I highly suggest both of them. As they are both made out of metal they are great pieces to have. The new Mirkwood helm coming out looks really cool as well.

Recommend them over the gauntlet? That's what I was considering next.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back