Underworld Coat

GeneralMayhem

Sr Member
I'm thinking of replicating Kate Beckinsale's coat from undedrworld. Does anyone have any clear photos of it, especially the stitched back and collar details?

This the only pic I have. It's from the first movie.

suit.jpg

Originally posted by SWFreak+Dec 16 2005, 03:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SWFreak @ Dec 16 2005, 03:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-penwiper
@Dec 16 2005, 08:42 AM
Steph did a gorgeous version of this costume - you might try contacting her.
Gen
[snapback]1137238[/snapback]​

Yes she did.
selene.JPG

[snapback]1137466[/snapback]​
[/b]

Already wrote to her about it, thanks.

My cousin actually worked on this film ( both the 1st and the upcoming sequal) I can try and contact him and see if he can dig up any info on the costume.

Originally posted by Tim Allen@Dec 16 2005, 07:15 PM
My cousin actually worked on this film ( both the 1st and the upcoming sequal) I can try and contact him and see if he can dig up any info on the costume.
[snapback]1137594[/snapback]​

That would be awesome.

;-)

Originally posted by SWFreak+Dec 16 2005, 03:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SWFreak @ Dec 16 2005, 03:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-penwiper
Gen

Yes she did.
selene.JPG

[/b]

*blush* thanks guys. :love

Originally posted by optinerd+Dec 22 2005, 05:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(optinerd @ Dec 22 2005, 05:54 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SWFreak@Dec 16 2005, 03:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-penwiper
Gen

Yes she did.
selene.JPG

*blush* thanks guys. :love
[snapback]1141776[/snapback]​
[/b]

Hey Steph, can you add any more references to the pile?

Seen this in person and got to try the coat on - wowsers... It's perfection from the seams to the multiple panels of embroidery to the sweet way the collar folds. :love

Guri

Thanks Kris and Guri. :$ Love to see those links Kris, but I can't get them to come up...is it just me? :angel

General Mayhem, I had zero luck finding any good reference pix of the coat. I went off of a couple of screen caps from the movie, took note of the recurring patterns, used the coat on Propstore, and made some of it up. :confused Here's the screen caps I made...hope it helps.

Coat Back
Collar

Originally posted by optinerd@Dec 26 2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks Kris and Guri.  :$  Love to see those links Kris, but I can't get them to come up...is it just me?  :angel 

General Mayhem, I had zero luck finding any good reference pix of the coat. I went off of a couple of screen caps from the movie, took note of the recurring patterns, used the coat on Propstore, and made some of it up.  :confused Here's the screen caps I made...hope it helps.

Coat Back
Collar
[snapback]1144119[/snapback]​

Hmm... Looks like I may have to do some more screen caps and some extrapolation to get a complete picture of things. Thanks, Steph.

:)

Steve

How did this end up going? There's a guy who owns the actual screen used outfit from the second movie. I was going to email him about getting close up shots of the embroidery. Also what did you plan on making it out of?

Never got around to making one, due to commitments to other projects. I would have gone for leather, of course. And Steph and I are old acquaintences...

;)

That's a real shame. Her costume is amazing. I'm in complete awe.

I'm not sure if I will be able to make mine out of leather, I've never really worked with it before. I was thinking I might start by making one from wool or some other heavy fabric, and then perhaps once I've gotten the pattern and embroidery down, I might try making one from leather.

At the moment, I'm trying to work out and source what materials I will use for the corset and catsuit.

Good plan. I always advise my kids to go with denim or wool if they can't afford leather. It just looks better. I think it's the natural tendency to resort to vinyl in these circumstances, but (and I'm sure GM will agree) Vinyl looks like vinyl no matter how you dress it up. It's really not a substitute for leather.

Great work Steph. I think I've seen you around the D*C before in this. Love it. Tho (and this is not on you at all) I think I prefer the Underworld 2 corset with the zips and laces over the embroidered 1st movie one.

Yeah, I used pleather for my padme corset, and I hated the stuff. It wrinkles like nothing on earth, I'm going to have to go back and line the whole thing to give it the stability to sit straight, even over the top of a fully boned corset. There's definately no substitute for leather. Plus I think in the case of this jacket, the pleather/vinyl would have to be lined with something pretty heavy to give it the right weight for movement. There was actually a prototype jacket made for Selene (it's on propstore london) which was made from wool and had fur along the front. That's what made me think that I could defiantely get away with wool as a substitute, as the embroidery will still look awesome.

For the catsuit, I'm going to try and find a 4 way stretch vinyl. Starfire_Phoenix used it for her MAra JAde catsuit, and it looked fantastic. IT wasn't too shiny, and had a beautiful amount of stretch to it. I've seen people make the catsuit out of pvc, and it is just much to shiny and wrinkles way too much when you need to bend. I've already got a great pattern for it too.

The corset I'm really not too sure about yet. I'd like to stay as far away from pleather as possible, but I'm not sure what else to use. I don't think they used leather for the one in the movie. I'm open to any suggestions.. :D

Actually, both the corsets were embroidered. The main difference between the two is that the one from the second movie has a seam down the middle of the embroidery, where the one form the first movie, it was one whole panel. The laces and zips go at the back :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back