U.S.S. Defiant (DS9) FINISHED

Eblobulator

Here's one I recently finished, the Defiant from Round 2.

I did make this the second Defiant using the registry from the Sao Paulo. I always felt that it should have retained the registry of the Sao Paulo after they were allowed to rename it from that to Defiant. Of course they changed it back to the NX registry number so they could reuse shots from previous episodes for the series finale.

I had initially planned to extend the nose section but had bought the wrong size styrene strips so I said screw it and continued on. I did fill in the seam lines as well as add missing formation lights on the port and starboard sides of the nacelles. This thing was a major putty hogger for the seam lines, more so than the Romulan Warbird.

I had a few issues with the original kit decals in a couple of spots. The red area for the top pendant which some how peeled off when I accidentally touched it and was unable to find that area. So I had to fix it with JT-Graphics...although I should have painted over the blemished area first but oh well. The other area I had was the pin stripe forward on the port nacelle next to that yellow decal. That too came off and couldn't find it and fixed it with the JT-Graphics. My only complaint with JT-Graphics is that the red areas for his decals weren't as bright as the original kit's decals. That is why it looks a bit off. Another issue I had some how the registry number on the port nacelle got messed up on the 6 and 3...I'm assuming from accidentally touching it while it was drying but I don't recall it. The 3 was easy to fix but I had to use a black sharpie pen to fix the 6. Anyways enough babbling, here are the pictures, enjoy!

Thumbnails are clickable to view larger size of the pictures.

This is a great looking build, fantastic detail.

I've actually been tasked by a friend of mine with restoring his (badly faded) Playmates Defiant, which I think is about the same sort of size. Would you mind if I asked the dimensions of a few of the decals, as I'm interested in getting the JT Graphics decal set, but I'm not sure whether certain elements would fit properly.

I'm not sure of the size for the JT-Graphic decals.... I do remember the playmates version of the Defiant being quite a bit bigger so JT-Graphic decals wouldn't work they'd be way to small.

Fair enough. It's hard to find precise measurements of these models. I'll probably end up having to get the decals custom made.

Anyway, thanks for the speedy response, and again, brilliant job with your model :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back