TWOK Uniform Insignia

CaptErik1701

Greetings all! I am very new to the group but not new to Star Trek costuming. My favorite uniform is TWOK and I have a professionally tailored Captain version. I do know that Roddenberry.com has closed its shop down a while ago and I have not really searched through the threads so sorry if this has been already asked. Im looking to add an admiral monster maroon to the collection and I would love to have a bomber jacket to go with them. I had my monster maroon made almost 13 years ago and the rank insignia, starfleet delta pins, belt buckles and pips and squeeks were plentiful back then as Rod.com had the store up. My reproduction even has screen accurate chain in the flaps which is now worth its weight in gold. Question is, will someone to anyone's knowledge ever bring these items back? I'm not here to bash anyone but I would love to get the bomber jacket through Anovos but have heard and read absolute horror stories and can't have money tied up for years and no costumes. And they make it quite clear that the Starfleet officer chest badge is not sold individually. Id love to see these pins and possibly the chain return to make assembling this costume easier to complete. I have zero sewing skills outside mending jeans and sewing patches on (retired military) but I do have a great tailor willing to take my money! Thanks for any input! Sorry about the pic quality, my better half snapped it on her phone which isn't great. Lol

Attachments

• Resized_20200414_193121.jpeg
    Resized_20200414_193121.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 828
Nice TWOK! My wool elastique is still at the dyer being custom-dyed to match screen-used fabric. Parks Sabers is taking orders now for a set of metal-cast pins to be available December/January. They are sold only in sets of 2, here is a pic of the Kirk set (I ordered two, one for my duty tunic and one for my field coat):

image-1.jpg

Nice TWOK! My wool elastique is still at the dyer being custom-dyed to match screen-used fabric. Parks Sabers is taking orders now for a set of metal-cast pins to be available December/January. They are sold only in sets of 2, here is a pic of the Kirk set (I ordered two, one for my duty tunic and one for my field coat):

View attachment 1372665

Do you have a link or info on how someone can get in on that order?

View attachment 1372665

Really digging the TOS pin!(y)

You can use the Contact link at Parks Sabers to send Jeffrey a message asking about his metal-cast Star Trek pins, and he's been very prompt at replying with photos and pricing information. He's also on Facebook (Jeffrey Parks).

I am not aware of any prior history, good or bad, but at least with a PayPal payment if the two sets I ordered don't arrive then I can file a dispute and get my money back.

Scott's pin is $100 plus shipping, and there are subtle differences from the Roddenberry pin and the Parks Sabers pins (for one thing, it looks hand-painted). Here's a pic of Scott's pin:
Xscapes.jpg

This is the Roddenberry pin:
Star-Trek-II-The-Wrath-of-Khan-Starfleet-Officers-Badge-1.jpg

My Parks pins arrived today, they're not bad. The ring and delta are more pinkish-copper instead of the bronze seen in the promo pics, but I do like the crisper detailing and that the "star" is straight. Here is a comparison with the Roddenberry pin (top):
IMG_4537.JPG

IMG_4538.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back