Twisters

This is the real sequel....The Ride at Universal. It was a little silly, with like the cow....but all the rest of the effects, along with all the speakers and sub woofers really did make it a cool experience. Not the same just watching the video, but now that the ride is long gone, its all there is.
The actual ride part starts at 10:30 mins.
I like how it ends, with everything on fire, and the whole platform everyone is standing on while watching drops down pretty hard a few inches. Catches you off guard if not expecting that.
As for this new movie....looks like a rehash of the old, with new actors doing basically the same thing.
It will probably be fun silly action, but I wouldn't expect much more than that. Maybe we'll all be surprised with some really good story in there...but I'm not holding my breath on that.

IMG_4232.gif

Saw this on FB and thought kinda funny. So just copying and pasting it.

You know that story about how James Cameron pitched a sequel to Alien by marching in to the studio and writing “Alien$” on a sheet of paper?
I’d love to imagine Lee Isaac Chung doing the same thing with “Twister$,” but the studio execs are like, “Lee… not exactly. It will at least break even and I’m sure it’ll be a good movie, but I don’t think this is an announcement that warrants a huge declamatory dollar sign. Calm down dude.”

“He calls himself ‘The Tornado Wrangler’…”

Fictional Hollywood “Storm Chaser”…who “rides his fears” (what does that even mean?). He also rides mechanical bulls at Gilleys with his girlfriend, Sissy.

IMG_3338.jpeg

Real world “Storm Chaser”….(I wonder if he calls himself “The Tornado Wrangler” too? Probably)…

IMG_3339.jpeg

Last edited:
I love the first one. I don't care how stupid or scientifically inaccurate it was or whatever. It's a fun movie to watch on a rainy day. If this one does that, and that alone, then I'm fine with it.
It was on tv last night, I always watch it for Dorothy

2024-02-17 15_18_59-(356) TWISTERS _ Official Trailer - YouTube.png

What the heck is this auger doing on the side of the truck? It looks like they're trying to use it to anchor the vehicle to the ground, but realistically it's just digging a hole. Hollywood! :rolleyes:

View attachment 1790626

What the heck is this auger doing on the side of the truck? It looks like they're trying to use it to anchor the vehicle to the ground, but realistically it's just digging a hole. Hollywood! :rolleyes:
In theory, or whatever, it LOOKS like it could anchor it down....but yeah, thinking about it, it is just making a hole isn't it, that strong enough winds would just pick it up, and that part, out of the hole.
So would COULD be used to anchor a vehicle down?
I'm not sure off the top of my head here.

I think it is the Hollywood version of the TIV anchoring system, but leaves the underside exposed, and bores straight down instead of at an angle so the truck can just be picked up. Maybe it's like the chasers getting too close last time. Someone tells him it is a terrible design, but he knows better.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back