Tupperware will Ressurect items if enough demand.

TheDisturbance

Hello everybody,

I have a tupperware store near my house. I went there and found the radar dish. Item #801-803. I bought a couple and sent them to my sandtrooper buddies. I spoke to the salesperson and inquired about old tupperware items that are obsolete or discontinued. She told me that tupperware never destroys the molds. That they have tupperware items that they don't sell in the US. Or sometimes items in other countries that they don't sell in the US. I asked why they don't destroy the molds. They told me that tupperware ressurects items sometimes if there is enough demand. I asked her how do they know if there's demand. She said folks will contact them by phone or via the web.

http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/tup_guide.contact

I also discovered that in the tupperware wholesale catalog they have the model numbers for every item even if it's obsolete. If an item is obsolete in the US catalog it might not be in the Mexico Tupperware catalog or the Europe Tupperware catalog. If the item is obsolete in every country then it can still be ressurected if there is enough demand. I ask her how much demand would merrit a ressurection. She said it all depends. Maybe in the 1000. She said you never now. It's hard to tell.

I say we give it a shot. Just spend 5 mins call or e-mail tupperware and ask them to ressurect these items. Don't tell them you're a Star Wars fan. Just say you love said item and wanted to know when they are going to bring them back.

Luke's blue milk cups. 640-7 and 640-8 (They are condiment dispensers. Ketchup and mustard.) We are looking for Opaque versions.

Sandtrooper part 882-2 (This is a Hamurger Form. Someone please post a pic of this on the sandtrooper pack)

Sandtrooper part 754-5 (Dessert Cup)

Sandtrooper radar dish 801-803 (Tupperware currently makes this. It goes on their 2 qt pitcher. The lid is now red. The whole thing is red. Including the actual "dish". We need to get Tupperware to back it in Opaque)

Sandtrooper part (Tupperware Meat Keeper.) I don't have a pic of this either it's a box that goes on the pack. We need the smooth bottom opaque version I think.

If anybody has missing item numbers or pics of items please post in this thread and lets get these items ressurected.

Thanks,
Mark Cheng

what about the blue milk pitcher?

wasnt it tupperware as well?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheDisturbance @ May 11 2006, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1242762[/snapback]</div>
Hello everybody,

I have a tupperware store near my house. I went there and found the radar dish. Item #801-803. I bought a couple and sent them to my sandtrooper buddies. I spoke to the salesperson and inquired about old tupperware items that are obsolete or discontinued. She told me that tupperware never destroys the molds. That they have tupperware items that they don't sell in the US. Or sometimes items in other countries that they don't sell in the US. I asked why they don't destroy the molds. They told me that tupperware ressurects items sometimes if there is enough demand. I asked her how do they know if there's demand. She said folks will contact them by phone or via the web.

http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app/tup_guide.contact

I also discovered that in the tupperware wholesale catalog they have the model numbers for every item even if it's obsolete. If an item is obsolete in the US catalog it might not be in the Mexico Tupperware catalog or the Europe Tupperware catalog. If the item is obsolete in every country then it can still be ressurected if there is enough demand. I ask her how much demand would merrit a ressurection. She said it all depends. Maybe in the 1000. She said you never now. It's hard to tell.

I say we give it a shot. Just spend 5 mins call or e-mail tupperware and ask them to ressurect these items. Don't tell them you're a Star Wars fan. Just say you love said item and wanted to know when they are going to bring them back.

Luke's blue milk cups. 640-7 and 640-8 (They are condiment dispensers. Ketchup and mustard.) We are looking for Opaque versions.

Sandtrooper part 882-2 (This is a Hamurger Form. Someone please post a pic of this on the sandtrooper pack)

Sandtrooper part 754-5 (Dessert Cup)

Sandtrooper radar dish 801-803 (Tupperware currently makes this. It goes on their 2 qt pitcher. The lid is now red. The whole thing is red. Including the actual "dish". We need to get Tupperware to back it in Opaque)

Sandtrooper part (Tupperware Meat Keeper.) I don't have a pic of this either it's a box that goes on the pack. We need the smooth bottom opaque version I think.

If anybody has missing item numbers or pics of items please post in this thread and lets get these items ressurected.

Thanks,
Mark Cheng
[/b]

i gotta say its a good idea for one important reason. we'll be paying the price of a new tupperware item, not a rare found part

<div class='quotetop'>(Trallis @ May 17 2006, 01:36 AM) [snapback]1245531[/snapback]</div>
i gotta say its a good idea for one important reason. we'll be paying the price of a new tupperware item, not a rare found part
[/b]

bump

Email sent. :)

"I'd love to see you bring back items 640-7 and 640-8 ,Condiment dispensers...
I used to have a set but misplaced it.

I enjoy some of these retro styles...and am glad to hear you will resurect various items if there is interest...so mark me interested...Have a Great Day.
Thanks,
William"

<div class='quotetop'>(Sporak @ May 24 2006, 05:36 PM) [snapback]1250016[/snapback]</div>

I enjoy some of these retro styles...and am glad to hear you will resurect various items if there is interest...so mark me interested...Have a Great Day.
Thanks,
William"
[/b]

big ol bumpety bumparoo.

bring it back.

bring it all back.

they could offer it as the skywalker (or if they cant get the copyright, just homestead, or space... yadda or what not) kitchenware set and freakin make a killing.

id be down for the whole lot to say the least.

surely we can get enough members and friends to do this if we all try.

<div class='quotetop'>(Sporak @ May 24 2006, 04:36 PM) [snapback]1250016[/snapback]</div>

Thanks,
William"
[/b]

He didn't say that HE would resurrect any items. The company might if there is a demand for it. I'm kinda having my doubts that you could get 1000 people to do this.

My brother-in-law's father worked for Tupperware for over 30 years before retiring 3 years ago. We were over thier house for a pool party yesterday and I mentioned this thread contents to him. He laughed out loud. He said that whoever quoted 1000 as a number to encourage Tupperware to ressurect a line is WAY under estimating. He said the number would be closer to 5000. Many of the vintage molds are still in use with different colors and lids or fittings. BUT, he said that as far as he can recall, Tupperware has only ever pulled about 5% of it retired molds out of storage.

Although... I still sent an email regarding the blue milk containers. ;)

We should see to get this thread fixed to the top. I dunno if it will piss anybody off or not. Wouldn't hurt to ask.

The 1000 inquiries was just a guess from the store clerk I talked to. If 5,000 is our goal then we may need more exposure to this. There's 3,819 registered members. Very close to 5,000 I'd say. Some folks and e-mail twice.

Mark

dont forget when your at your friends and familys houses to hop on there computer and use there Email. :angel

:D

lets do this guys. :love

Or you can just look for the vintage stuff on eBay or thrift stores... it's ALL readily available and for way less $$$ than it would cost new (and has the proper vintyage look). :unsure

I find the 'milk cups' at thrift stores like nearly every time I go out thrifting (which isn't as much as I used to go out)... and I see so many of those sandtrooper disk things so often I don't even pick them up.

I used to buy the blue mik cups at thrifts for 20-50¢ each - get a set of 3 together and sell em on eBay for $40-50 for the set (started the sets at $5 - the bidders would up it to that crazy final price)... it's silly - since you can find them on eBay any given day for about $2-4 each... it's all in how you list it, i guess and what to look for... but i thought most everyone here KNOWS what to look for. :D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back