Trying to restore a Legendery Arcade Game!

Thank you.

Well anyways I will be getting an Arcade cabinet on Saturday but it’s not even a Capcom cabinet, but it’s free, the only thing is its empty so I need to get a monitor and all the other stuff. By the way it’s an old Atari Asteroids cabinet.
Now my whole problem is that there are no Capcom CPS-2 arcade manuals that tell you what you need to buy to do an Arcade Machine Restoration. Nor can I find a how to Arcade machine book online.
Then I’m told that if you hook up your CPS-2 boards wrong then it’ll burn out. And there are no arcade places around where I live so I can ask what I need to get.
So if anyone here as ever did a ground up Arcade Machine Restoration or as done anything with fixing up an Arcade, let me know if you can tell me what I need to get to do an Arcade Machine Restoration.
I have looked online but everything is how to make a MAME Arcade, which is an Arcade Machine Emulator ROM and is run off a standard computer. If anyone has an AVP arcade that would be willing to take some pics of the guts of the Capcom arcade cabinet for me that would be a step forward.

Thank you.

So hows the build up on the AVP Machine going?

LOL :rolleyes:

Well I have no clue on arcade machines and because there isn't any info online about what I need help with my progress has come to a halt until I get answers and pictures of the inside of the AVP cabinet.
But So far I have an Atari Asteroids arcade Cabinet that was empty. I got three 13 inch arcade monitors, the buttons and joysticks for three players, the coin door, the JAMMA harness, a power supply, and a kick harness if it’s needed. Then I have an original AVP marquee it’s the one that has the whole picture of the predator and Alien and in good shape for its age. I will have to get a smaller marquee made or find a way to make the cabinet fit this one. I got one speaker that came with the cabinet. Then I just put in the lamp and light for the marquee. I still need to finish building a platform for the monitor and playing field.
But because this is such a mix match arcade build I’m going to make it a one of a kind with custom art work. But with all that I still don’t know what I still need to buy to get this to work or how to hook up this together. Until then this is a dead project. o_O

LOL :rolleyes:

Well I have no clue on arcade machines and because there isn't any info online about what I need help with my progress has come to a halt until I get answers and pictures of the inside of the AVP cabinet.
But So far I have an Atari Asteroids arcade Cabinet that was empty. I got three 13 inch arcade monitors, the buttons and joysticks for three players, the coin door, the JAMMA harness, a power supply, and a kick harness if it’s needed. Then I have an original AVP marquee it’s the one that has the whole picture of the predator and Alien and in good shape for its age. I will have to get a smaller marquee made or find a way to make the cabinet fit this one. I got one speaker that came with the cabinet. Then I just put in the lamp and light for the marquee. I still need to finish building a platform for the monitor and playing field.
But because this is such a mix match arcade build I’m going to make it a one of a kind with custom art work. But with all that I still don’t know what I still need to buy to get this to work or how to hook up this together. Until then this is a dead project. o_O

Go on ebay and find a Capom Arcade ...... They will work as long as if they run the same board setup.

this one will work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-vs-Streetfighter...=item483a71717b

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAPCOM-JAMMA-Arcade-Ma...=item1c1244c53b

If you need Pics of the inside of the cabinet let me know.

Go on ebay and find a Capom Arcade ...... They will work as long as if they run the same board setup.

this one will work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-vs-Streetfighter...=item483a71717b

http://cgi.ebay.com/CAPCOM-JAMMA-Arcade-Ma...=item1c1244c53b

If you need Pics of the inside of the cabinet let me know.

I did look in to that at first but I am extremely poor, like you wouldn't believe. I did get my arcade cabinet for $1.00. So you can’t beat that unless you get it free. And the cost of Freight Shipping costs more than the whole arcade cabinet to my house, and all of the arcade cabinets seem to be like 3 or more states away from me. I don’t drive because I got no car or truck. So yeah I’m forced to build from the ground up. o_O And Capcom has nobody to talk to about this stuff because they only do console games now. I’m on the verge of just quitting this project. The other thing that sucks is that all of the arcade monitor makers stopped making monitors for these kinds of games so if your monitor goes bad then there’s nothing to do about it. The thing I hate the most about this project is the lack of info, then there is the trouble of getting parts. :rolleyes:

but yeah if you can get me pics of yours I think I can find a way to get my arcade to work or at least use the pictures to show and ask venders if they have this or that part I need.

I should have some pics posted up by this weekend. Been pretty busy with work, but I'll have time to get them by Friday.

That sounds good DBOYSLADE!

Yeah this is hard work trying to fix this up; The Capcom Coin-Op stopped providing services or any orders or doing any repair work after March 10, 2004.
So there long gone. I read that you have to send your stuff to Japan's Capcom Coin-Op but that’s it and they may or may not be able to help with the English version games.

Looks like the kids born in the 80s like myself were lucky to grow up playing these types of games at arcades and pizza places. It's sad that kids now won’t get to have those same experiences. :) The home game consoles are cool but it’s not the same as playing someone face to face.

Now all they got is online play with random people that you can never meet.
So those with arcades at home should try and get their kids exposed to arcades maybe one day they may come back or be long gone and never to be seen again. At least your kids will understand you a bit better.

Well anyways I think I’ll start to post up some progress pics as I go along.
Maybe someone younger then me will get inspired and get a job that will bring them back someday. :popcorn:

Pics... from when I got it to were I'm at now...

3_f.jpg

2_f.jpg

1_f.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg

I went to a thrift store and found an old lamination machine and made this artwork to put on the Cabinet, now the big one in the middle I had to make from scratch because there were no pics of it online there where pics of it on other cabinets but they were really hard to see all the detail and this was the best I could do.

3_f.jpg

2_f.jpg

1_f.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5465.jpg

IMG_5463.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

IMG_5462.jpg

Well I'm done with trying to fix up this old cabinet as I never found the pics I needed, so this is either getting sold at my next garage sale or I may find someone local to fix it up in the future. I just got tire of waiting for some picture. :lol:

So I went and had a garage sale to get some money to buy a working arcade machine and I got myself this Capcom Q25 candy cabinet that is from Capcom in Japan. It also came with Super sreet fighter 2 from japan. Well from what I know about this cabinet is that it can play any JAMMA game and all of the Cps1, Cps2 and Cps3 games with little to no modifications and if I had two or more they can all be plugged together for tournament mode or vs. mode. This can be made to have up to three players on one cabinet but I have it on one player right now.

The other thing I read was that Capcom Japan started to destroy the ones they had just to make room for their newer arcade games. The other thing is that only a small number of these are in the world here in the USA there about 10 and 23 in all of EU. Capcom had made 1000 of these back in the day but most of them were destroyed. The good thing is the inside has all the same parts as any other arcade machine so if anything should need to be replaced it should be easy to fix. When I have my second garage sale and make some more money I’m going to get it painted. I’m also going to see if I can make molds of all the plastic paneling.

Here is my new old Arcade machine.
IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5472.jpg

My new marquee for AVP I made.
IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5470.jpg

IMG_5471.jpg

IMG_5472.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back