Unlimited Run Tron: Legacy Black Guard helmet

Finally got it! Woohoo, what a thing of beauty!
(Click on it to see a hi-res version)

Guard helmet.jpg

MY GOLLY GOSH. You Sir, have amazing craftsmanship. Order placed 9th Feb, and it was crafted and shipped less than 2 weeks later. Annoyingly the UK Border Force kept the parcel for an extra week whilst they worked out how much tax they'd like to charge me. But now it sits proudly on display alongside the rest of my props. I love it!

FullSizeRender.jpg

Superb work, it is beautifully beautiful.

I wonder if the whole tinted visor to the back? is it removable?

Congratulations for this great work that is super clean, and that I love.

Thank you! =)

The tinted visor is just part of the helmet - it's all one great big tinted clear cast. So, it's not removable. The interior of the helmet (except for where you want to see through) is spray painted a flat black to give the rest of the helmet the appearance that it is solid black plastic. The picture below shows more clearly where I mask the interior so you can see out of it. I try to follow the lines on the exterior to make it look like the visor is a separate piece.

Attachments

• BG-60.jpg
    BG-60.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Wow. Crossing fingers hoping it's for real! Thought I might have to wait another 30 years...

If I do another helmet before a sequel comes out, it'll probably be Sam's disc wars helmet.

Amazing work! You are so talented!
Are you still making Quorra helmet? My husband and I are interested in your fully assembled Quorra and Black Guard helmets for Halloween. Can you please PM me?

Rinzler? That minor character that only had, what, one line in the whole movie? =)

I dunno...I was really getting my heart set on doing a Sam disk-wars helmet this winter...

Attachments

• Rinzler-CAD.jpg
    Rinzler-CAD.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back