Trek Nation 33" Enterprise

micdavis

Master Member
Did you catch the Rod Roddenberry Documentary?

I believe there were at least 2 maybe 3 shots of what looks to be the 33" Model.

Take a look.

I think that was the model Gene kept in his Home Office that he either loaned to someone who never returned it or it was stolen. It has not been seen since the 70's.

Here is a shot of it:

Leonard_Nimoy_William_Shatner_Star_Trek_1968.JPG

A few other shots from those home movies were used in the A&E Biography of Gene many years ago (over a decade). It is indeed the 33" model near as I can tell. I can imagine Trek Nation comes out on DVD or BluRay, somebody is probably going to do screen caps of those shots for reference.

As for the pool toy story, I think I might chalk that one up to "molds destroyed in infamous train wreck" type of urban legend. Of course, Gene and Majel are gone now and Rod probably has no recollection one way or the other due to his age at the time.

I heard the pool story was an urban legend. The real story I think is that someone borrowed if (for a convention or something) and never returned it. It sure would be nice if it showed up one day.

Saw the beginning of the documentary last night... very interesting, actually, and a different spin that i would have thought.

The 33" model brought a tear to my eye.

Now lets be honest. When the 1/350 Enterprise kit comes out, it is going to be about as large as the 33" model. Lets be honest here, once we finish our projects, how many of us are considering posing with the model like Captain Kirk is in that famous publicity photo? ;)

oh if i had the uniform i so would pose with the 1/350 tos enterprise like kirk.

Uniform not necessary! Go for it... this photo is a few years old (before I committed "youthenasia" by losing 40 lbs, facial hair and shaving bald) -- it was my official work photo (for proposals, etc.) for over a year!

9959-n1298258837-321561-9215.jpg

Uniform not necessary! Go for it... this photo is a few years old (before I committed "youthenasia" by losing 40 lbs, facial hair and shaving bald) -- it was my official work photo (for proposals, etc.) for over a year!

9959-n1298258837-321561-9215.jpg

Its weird, but in that shot you look like you are about to play the model like a banjo (I don't know why I thought that). Very cool though!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back