Toying Predator

I dunno kinda makes Arnie look weak to think the predator could take him out at any time but i spose thats also the reason we'r rooting for him. I dunno where i stand on this lol

Doesn't make him weak at all, just makes him cornered IMO... And it should make Arnie the underdog, and thus more sympathy is reserved for him.

Yeah i'm guessing this is just before the waterfall scene, makes you think if he hadn't of got coated in mud he really would have been screwed.

hmm....i feel it goes against the Predator's personality. It's been set up he seeks out worthy opponents to best in battle - hounding them to the point of exhaustion doesn't make sense to me. it's make him also like a deer hunter just shooting around a deer and making it run in terror all over the place beforethe kill - where's the honour and battle skill in that? it's more of just mindless sadism, which doesn't fit the Pred's profile at all.

hmm....i feel it goes against the Predator's personality. It's been set up he seeks out worthy opponents to best in battle - hounding them to the point of exhaustion doesn't make sense to me. it's make him also like a deer hunter just shooting around a deer and making it run in terror all over the place beforethe kill - where's the honour and battle skill in that? it's more of just mindless sadism, which doesn't fit the Pred's profile at all.

He sure lured Blain in, who get's hit by an object (a trap?) and then shot him in the back. Remember folks, this is a hunter who's game IS sadism to a degree...

Also i have always had a problem with this, for a race that's so honourable you'd think he'd have the decency to die like a true hunter not setting off a small nucular blast killing himself whilst trying to pop a cheap kill with Dutch at the same time.

I know you could say he was making sure his body was never found and honouring his race by doing this but i still found it a little cheap. He even mocks Dutch by laughing whilst doing it!!

Also i have always had a problem with this, for a race that's so honourable you'd think he'd have the decency to die like a true hunter not setting off a small nucular blast killing himself whilst trying to pop a cheap kill with Dutch at the same time.

I know you could say he was making sure his body was never found and honouring his race by doing this but i still found it a little cheap. He even mocks Dutch by laughing whilst doing it!!

If you look at the original movie the Pred doesn't really come across as honourable at all. He only spares unarmed humans because they're 'No sport'. I'm guessing he'd have shot Anna if Arnie hadn't kicked the gun out of her hand. I think its because the character was so well accepted that fans/comic/book writers put the honour code into the mythos, but that wasn't the original intention. It was a story about humans being hunted by something as cruel as us but with greater technology. P2 showed the respect thing at the end which opened up the character, but P2 was really based on the creature Stan Winston designed not the original concept the writers had for P1. P2 is still pretty cruel, he taunts Glover with the necklace showing he could have easily taken him out at the cemetary.
I like the honour code idea as much as anyone! But we have to remember that the original Predator movie was about a 'demon who makes trohies of man'.
Tim

about the bomb. its not that he was trying to get the last kill in or anything like that. This is an interstellar hunter whose technology is far superior to ours. He kills himself because A)doesn't want the technology to get captured and :D he doesn't want his body to be left behind. I think he laughs because there was no fear of death.

Just what i have always thought.

KPH

about the bomb. its not that he was trying to get the last kill in or anything like that. This is an interstellar hunter whose technology is far superior to ours. He kills himself because A)doesn't want the technology to get captured and :D he doesn't want his body to be left behind. I think he laughs because there was no fear of death.

Just what i have always thought.

KPH

To me it always screamed "when I'm not winning, you're not winning, tiny man!", a revenge kind of thing to do...
So, this makes predators sore losers?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back