Tos star trek atavachron

gaston

This is an Atavachron tabletop viewer I did in '06. Full of myself after finishing my first Vulcan lyre in '95, I jumped to the drafting table the next morning and worked out the plans for the Sarpedion time machine. Never got around to trying it until I felt comfortable with working aluminum. The toughest part was finding a place to display it. No bookcase shelf will fit it. Right now it's out on the coffee table; kinda weird explaining to visitors. In 2012 I built a custom version for a fellow collector with "ping" and "flutter" sound FX card.

Enjoy,
Gaston

Atavachron.jpgAtavachron #4B.jpgAtavachron #5B.jpg Close-Up.jpg Atavachron #2A.jpgAtavachron #1-AOY.jpgAtavachron #7.jpgAtavachron #1.jpg

Atavachron.jpg

Atavachron #4B.jpg

Atavachron #5B.jpg

Atavachron #2A.jpg

Atavachron #7.jpg

Atavachron #1-AOY.jpg

Atavachron #1.jpg

Close-Up.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Was blown away the first time I saw this.

Yes you are indeed the master of exquistely reproducing obscure but very cool Trek props :thumbsup

Wow -- that is really lovely.
Just be careful what disc you're viewing when you walk through the door!
'All Our Yesterdays' was one of the first Star Trek episodes I saw as a kid and it left an impression.
It has always been a favorite.
Netflix is calling...

I guess I neglected to comment on the Atavachron's composition. All metallic-looking parts are, indeed, machined aluminum; some high-polished, some satin. The finials at the top of the 3 feet are turned brass. The blue-grey box is fiberglass over wood.

Fantastic! I would love to have something like that on my coffee table that needed explaining the visitors!
Well done!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back