Tools & tool hacks

Murdoch

Sr Member
I would love to see a category of recommended tools and or tool hacks.
Applications that the tools are used for, and things related to prop building.

Upvote 1
I would love to see a category of recommended tools and or tool hacks.
Applications that the tools are used for, and things related to prop building.

That list could run just about the entire gamete of hand, power tools and machines in almost all trades vintage to modern. I have been collecting / restoring tools, machines especially vintage and unusual for decades and found there's almost nothing that can not be used for prop making......your only limitations are what your trying to produce, your imagination and finding just the right tool to help you achieve just what it is you need to do. I have used many many tools outside their purposes they were meant for to achieve a job needing to be done...also taking into consideration the tool's itself limitions and safety in mind. My collection of tools extend not only metal and woodworking trades but also Jewelry , Watchmaking, Lapidary, Machining, Blacksmithing, Dental, Optometry and Medical.....to name a few......the list is almost unending. If someone is trying to produce something they are welcome to PM me to ask and I might be able to make a suggestion. I'm not claiming to be an encyclopedia and all knowing since one never stops learning but I will try or at least make a suggestion.

Last edited:
I just saw this when I was going to suggest something similar. I think a Tool/tool tip/suggestion forum would be great. Several times when I posted hobby related tool questions they get kicked to the OT forum.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back