Tony Stark Black Sabbath Avengers t-shirt?

I posted this previously, but this is the art for the actual vintage shirt, not sure how it compares but it looks closer in color to the crew shirt, unless the crew person just happens to have a real one? lol
possible the shirt is actually just grey for everyone? and lighting made it look different during filming?

NSD78.jpg

I figure you could make a thin arc reactor under your shirt using EL sheets. Is that what I'm seeing here?

It wont be very bright but it would look better than the arc being printed on the shirt. Although I think the batteries and transformer would be troublesome.

Here is a link to the guy that made all the original graphics. Unfortunately, the exact picture is not posted but you can see the original picture that this graphic was derived from. None of the pictures are hi-res.

Never Say Die! - album 1978

I bought one of these shirts off ebay seller nonstoptshirts.nonstoptshirts Fast shipping and a good price, but my prop/wardrobe eye isn't pleased with the artwork being too big and placed too low off the collar, although their preview photos show the artwork placed higher.

downey-sabbath.png

Based on the pic, above, if the collar is 3/4" thick, then the artwork should be at 1' and 1/2" below the collar's edge. The shirt from the ebay seller, mentioned above, has the artwork at 3" below the collar's edge. It just doesn't look right.

We need the RPF T-shirt makers to get on these. I'm up for a few.

I bought one of these shirts off ebay seller nonstoptshirts.nonstoptshirts Fast shipping and a good price, but my prop/wardrobe eye isn't pleased with the artwork being too big and placed too low off the collar, although their preview photos show the artwork placed higher.

downey-sabbath.png

Based on the pic, above, if the collar is 3/4" thick, then the artwork should be at 1' and 1/2" below the collar's edge. The shirt from the ebay seller, mentioned above, has the artwork at 3" below the collar's edge. It just doesn't look right.

EXACTLY :love :thumbsup

downey-sabbath.png

M2, I immediately pointed this out.
Anyway, I bought my version on this auction:
http://www.ebay.pl/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290706108402

Cheap and almost look exactly like Tony's t-shirt.

Last edited:
I ordered two shirts off ebay from two different sellers.

t_bone_inc: Shirt is screen printed, the printing is gold and CLOSE to the color we see on screen, but not exact. It's printed on a heavyweight GILDAN shirt, and the collar is too wide. This is not a match for the screen used shirt, but it would do, if they hadn't sent the wrong size.

amazing-tees: Shirt appears to be the correct weight fabric, but the collar is still too wide. Printing appears to be a thermal transfer and is COMPLETELY the wrong color, it's more of a gray or charcoal.

I'm not 100% happy with either one.

Kurt! KURRRRRT! :lol

Same thing happened here. I ordered from t-bone inc ordered a medium and received a Large and it's not a "vintage" style shirt at all....I'd rather it be a comfy "vintage" style shirt than the correct color honestly.

Any tips on ordering one that is atleast a "vintage" style shirt You know, the soft worn in feel that is also more "form fitting" than the Gildan type shirt?

Any tips on ordering one that is atleast a "vintage" style shirt You know, the soft worn in feel that is also more "form fitting" than the Gildan type shirt?

Anyone have one that first in the vintage form fitting shirt instead of the regular gildan type shirt?

Believe me I studied this question and the scenes in the movie. After making one of my own I can say that if your chest is even slightly turned then the light becomes almost invisible.

But there could very well be a few scenes that you would expect to see it and should see it but can't cause they missed it during the digital edit. It wouldn't be the first time a movie has missed a little detail (or big detail, depending on who you are) like that. :behave :facepalm

I actually came on here looking for a good place to buy this shirt and I really can't add more to the conversation than what others already have, however I figured it would be ok to throw my two cents in on this subject.

I've seen the film a couple of times now and it seems to me that having the light be off or not shine through was a deliberate move by the director/script writer. I'll spoiler this just in case.

Basically if you notice the times it's not on, Tony basically had just gotten trashed as Iron Man. Effectively using a lot of his power from the reactor. So it seemed to me, even though no one said it, that the arc reactor may have been on a recharging loop or a power drain which has the light off until it powers back fully.

Whether or not that is the best way to describe the funtion of the acr reactor I don't know, but why I think this was deliberate for the film and not a continuity error, is simply because if the light were on for the scene with Loki, the joke would have have worked as Loki would not have tried his trick. So when I saw the film and more so that scene in particular, it made sense to me why the light went out.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back