Tony Stark Arc Reactor Question

Also anyone thinking of any low cost upgrades?

I was thinking of replacing the acrylic ring with one cut from glass look/green edge acrylic, same with the acrylic for the display box so it actually looks like glass. Also thinking about making a more accurate bracket than just the curved piece of stainless they provided.

What are the best pics of the hero prop and display box?

I received my case the other day and like many have said the acrylic cover is garbage. So I replaced it with this. Slightly smaller but fits perfectly inside the disposable frame part. I guess I’ll be painting the base silver.

8BA46B95-0084-4A42-9627-76FE93123C96.jpeg

080A2BAD-2C0B-4369-8A44-46E82EC551A2.jpeg

I received my case the other day and like many have said the acrylic cover is garbage. So I replaced it with this. Slightly smaller but fits perfectly inside the disposable frame part. I guess I’ll be painting the base silver

Where did you end up getting it from, like a Michaels or Hobby Lobby? Doesn’t look odd that’s for sure. Nice find.

Ordered one yesterday, the order is actually in process.
Thanks guy for posting this here, I would probably never been aware of this kit without this subject.

Yeah for the price you can’t lose... ordered mine today as well. Seems likely I’ll maybe mod a few things according to the reference, but won’t know til I see exactly how this comes together.

I've been through the whole thread and looked through the links.. where is everyone finding these kits for a good price? is it me or did the price go up on all the kits? What should the price be around?

I've been through the whole thread and looked through the links.. where is everyone finding these kits for a good price? is it me or did the price go up on all the kits? What should the price be around?

So far Wish has been around $30 mark

I snagged one off eBay for $25 shipped, and it looks like everything is there, but unfortunately it did not come with the actual instructions for putting the reactor together - just the base and acrylic display. This should be fun, as I’m sure there are directions online that I can follow. Now I just have to find the time.

Attachments

• 1BA5F9AA-546D-4BD7-9141-A2CD88C3C067.jpeg
    1BA5F9AA-546D-4BD7-9141-A2CD88C3C067.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 98
If you are interested in getting the green tint on the ring, I used a frosted glass paint in a sea foam color on mine. Also, for the solder, I used silver fingernail polish over superglue.

Attachments

• 2A227FFA-B5F2-42AE-A185-2EC6058C2F93.jpeg
    2A227FFA-B5F2-42AE-A185-2EC6058C2F93.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 127
  • E07463B2-1921-4981-9C39-D1FF895F5D64.jpeg
    E07463B2-1921-4981-9C39-D1FF895F5D64.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I snagged one off eBay for $25 shipped, and it looks like everything is there, but unfortunately it did not come with the actual instructions for putting the reactor together - just the base and acrylic display. This should be fun, as I’m sure there are directions online that I can follow. Now I just have to find the time.
If no one beats me to it, I can post an image of the instructions that came with mine later tonight. Watching some of the builds on YouTube is helpful too. $25 for the case and reactor is a great deal! Nice.

IF I wanted to replace the wiring on the cave version, anyone know what gauge/type of wire was used on the original cave arc?

If no one beats me to it, I can post an image of the instructions that came with mine later tonight. Watching some of the builds on YouTube is helpful too. $25 for the case and reactor is a great deal! Nice.

Thanks - that would be awesome!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back