Tomstone Wyatt Earp pistol

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm hoping someone has better resources than I do. I'm looking for a replica of Wyatt Earp's pistol (Kurt Russell's) from Tomstone...you know, the one with the plaque on the handle. Any ideas?

Funky Jedi,
Did you get to see this? Your post seemed to stress that it was important. I usually thank people for taking the time to dig up info for me.

Whoa. My apologies. I thought this completely went by the wayside. That's exactly what I was looking for and I went to countless number of sites with no results. I usually do Yahoo serches...maybe I need to refine how I look for things. :lol
Many thanks.

That is a replica gun, it also happens to be a firearm. Perhaps you should have said you're looking for a non-firing replica for display.

Ummmmm...yeah, What Evan said. :D
I guess when I think "replica" I just assume it's non-firing as I don't usualy buy real world replica guns.

Here, let's make this easy.
I'm looking for a non-firing, Wyatt Earp replica to go with my costume.

"Replica Models" used to sell a non-firing 'Buntline special' which I think was just the same sort of extra-long Colt as seen above. Were they a Denix reseller? I can't keep all that history straight. ;)

This one has the badge, but short barrel.
Pistol

Unless you specifically want to have the movie gun I would go with the shorter barrel, and replica '73 colts can be had pretty cheap. I think they have pretty much debunked him ever using the "buntline"

Originally posted by TD5422@Apr 11 2006, 07:56 AM
This one has the badge, but short barrel.
Pistol

Unless you specifically want to have the movie gun I would go with the shorter barrel, and replica '73 colts can be had pretty cheap. I think they have pretty much debunked him ever using the "buntline"
[snapback]1224351[/snapback]​

Ooh, where? I'm a western buff, and I've never heard that...just that he didn't use it commonly. More like getting a military saber for promotion; sure it's a sword, but often times pretty/functional don't go together. Is there a link? You've got me really curious now...:)

there are a couple of others that go the way of the first, but it was the only one I could remember. I was also on a couple of discussion groups a while ago, and it seemed no one could confirm one way or the other. you are correct, everyone that knows is dead :confused

the same thing was going on after Hidalgo came out, actually before, did Frank Hopkins really do everything he said he did, oh well...

According to the "Wyatt Earp Museum" and the replica they have, it was indeed a standard barrelled Colt.

http://www.wyattearpmuseum.com/index.html

However, if you're looking to costume like the film, I'd suggest hitting ebay for some denix replicas before they are all gone. Search for Wyatt Earp gun and I think you'll find exactly what you need.

Good luck.

Njc-----------------------

Can I show you guys a quick Tombstone display I did awhile back?

Its not the gun of the topic though, and I don't want to hijack or distract the thread.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back