Tomorrowland 2015

NR16020

I'm looking to assemble the artifacts in the "1952" box that Brad Bird presented at D23, to hype up Tomorrowland. My plan is to get paper props sorted out first, then move on to the other stuff.
Maybe I'm alone in wanting this box.
I probably am.
I'm weird.
But just in case there are others out there, I'll get the ball rolling. There were several photos in the box, and most of them are believed to be authentic. The only thing out of the ordinary is this photo of Walt Disney with Amelia Earhart. It's dated 1945, which is a problem, considering that Earhart disappeared in 1937. In addition, it was later discovered that this had been doctored from a photograph of Earhart with Cary Grant. No one's sure why someone at Disney felt the need to put Walt and Amelia together, but it at least makes for an interesting story.
amelia_walt.JPG

Last edited:
Sorry, guys. Been without a computer for a really long time. As soon as I get one, I'll upload a bunch of stuff that I found.

Alright, now that I have a computer, let's upload some stuff. This all comes from a couple of websites that Disney set up in an attempt to market the movie. I only found out about them from an Imagineer on Twitter. So most of these never made it into the movie, but I figure that a lot of it might find its way into my Tomorrowland box when (here meaning if) it's finished.

IMG_1651.JPG

This is an example of a communique between members of Plus Ultra - the secret organization that Edison, Tesla, Eiffel, and Verne formed. Lots more of these coming your way.

Alright, now that I have a computer, let's upload some stuff. This all comes from a couple of websites that Disney set up in an attempt to market the movie. I only found out about them from an Imagineer on Twitter. So most of these never made it into the movie, but I figure that a lot of it might find its way into my Tomorrowland box when (here meaning if) it's finished.

Are you quite sure Disney set up all those sites? ;)

Does anyone have a template for the pin badge? I'd really like to make this prop but I have no experience whatsoever with making my own screen-accurate templates.

Thanks in advance, The14thDr :D

That was you? Sweet!

I thought Stop Plus Ultra was such a great tie-in. I loved it. Good work!

Thank you! Considering it was entirely fan-made, you may want to separate those items in your folder from the official ones, just for clarity's sake.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back