To Boob Or Not To Boob, That Is The Question. (Sketch Idea Update... Please Opinionate!)

I love the idea of blending the amor into the body and keeping the female form. I say why not be a little sexy. It's cosplay and at the end of the day you get to go home to your hubby :)

Giles...  Yes, I will be making a full bodysuit for my predator.  Since she'll have so much damage to her breast, I will have to build it up a little in order to make the deep gashes and acid pitting.  I will also be adding muscle...and a large xenomorph tail spear stab wound... and a few torn up dreads...and perhaps a missing toe.........mmmmmmmmmm, sexy.  :)

I would say the drawing of the armor is a little unclear. I would grab one of your little predator's Barbies and do a maquette of the armor on it. It really will help. Of course you need to post the pics of it.

Mel_FXshow3.jpg

Let's not forget Mel's female Pred suit

I think it is awesome that in your drawing you 'display' the damaged boob more, while covering the other with armour to protect the heart. It definitely brings attention to the boob and gives her a more feminine look, however to match that the damage done equals it out with a ' yea that's right, I'm a female and i'll kick you'r butt any day.' kind off look.

I agree that she should be proud of her girls, but not obsessed and attempting to show them off at any given chance. After all looks most likely won't save you'r life but the practicality of an outfit might. that's why I like what you have done in you'r drawing as it get's both messages across clearly; there is a certain female attractiveness but that is matched by her battle hardened character that clearly shows in the scars and overall look.

The armour looks awesome. It has a slight streamline look to it without it going overboard in the feminine area. It swirls and curves smoothly, but also displays sharp looking and blunt looking points and edges.

You'r armour is a beautiful example and mix of a kick-ass female that can equally match any male in combat without loosing her feminine touch.

This is however only my opinion as another female hunter.

I look forward to seeing the end result :) , and hope that I have been of some help.

Happy hunting and good luck :D  

Did you do any further sketches for armor? I just saw your sketch. If you're making the armor from anything that doesn't bend easily I have some input.

I absolutely love your sketch!  The mangled breast is a great concept.  I agree with one of the above statements that any female warrior would not be a "breeder" (for lack of a better word).  And with a female being a warrior and needing agility and speed, it actually makes sense for her to have less armor.  More armor means more weight, which will slow you down.  I would advise you to not make the cup size on your breasts too large because if she's a warrior, she's going to be super fit.  Look at female body builders... unless they have implants, their breasts are quite small.  If you have minimal body fat all over your body, it should include the breasts.  That being said, they need to be large enough to discern as breasts and not pects.  I love the design of your armor as well!  If I were to hazard a guess, female armor would probably be a bit more ornamental than male armor.  Of course, that could be me humanizing an alien species :p Regardless, I think this is going to be a great build and I can't wait to see your WIP go up!

Hey everyone.  I apologize for not starting my Hive Master thread yet.  Work has been kicking my ass and I have not had any free time to sit down and sketch out my design.  I suppose this is a good thing though because elements of the design keep morphing on me.  The basic ideas are concrete, but I am having some dificulty getting the details solidified.  Perhaps I should just start the thread and let it evolve as I go along.  ;)

Now that it is finally cooling down over here, I should be capable of the three hour session of having my husband make a duck tape casting.   Oi ...

Surrylda  -   At first I was planning on making the armor out of saddle leather.  I've worked with it before and enjoyed it.  However, I had so much success with craft foam in Kayla's mini build, that I am leaning more in that direction.  I have been experimenting with different methods of malipulating the product that I believe I may be able to get the same effect of tooled leather without the heavy pounding and weight.  I also plan on trying out the metal etching you have shown in your OFF TOPIC thread.  It looks like a lot of fun and would make for some kick butt dread rings!

Saddle leather would do it & be more durable, but you could get away using veg tanned tooling bellies . It'd mold better, be cheaper (then saddle leather) & it'd be alot more durable then foam. You can also get it in varying thicknesses.The other plus is that you can do actual damage to the pieces without compromising it much. I have made a decent amount of leather armor for larp type contact games & the more beat up it is the better it looks. That's the route I plan on going once I get the skin done, along with some etched metal panels.

If you make the armor plates rigid at all then I would place each panel on a floating joint, or strap. If that shoulder piece is fixed down to the piece below it more towards the armpit you will lose alot of movement. If you're going strictly for fantasy armor then the restriction isn't a big deal, but if you want to be able to hold that arm in front of you then do the floating joint - or carve out the shoulder more. Example: Fixed armor where floating joints for a pauldron would not work BEFORE and then AFTER I trimmed out the shoulder joint for movement.

For the rib cage you will definitely need floating joints or you will not be able to bend at the waist on that side. Your sketch shows beautiful layering anyhow so this shouldn't be an issue. Just be sure to attach each piece to the strap underneath rather then join the panels together, panel to panel.

I'm going to make some brass dread rings for one of my predator friends. I'll let you know how it turns out/thickness/etc.

Best of luck with your duct tape model! 

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back